Chapter 70: Everything happens for a reason

Liv's POV:

Ding! Dong!

I took a step back from the door and fanned myself with my hand while holding my back with the other. The Californian heat wasn't the vibes when you're heavily pregnant, climatized to the Great British weather and have horrific sciatica pain from all the stage diving over the years.

I was so relieved when I saw movement through the stained glass window and Ashley's muffled squeal could be heard from the other side of the door.

"Glo! She's here!"

The door swung open and Ashleys eyes lit up. She was smiling from ear to ear. "Hello! Oh my goodness! Just look at you! You look amazing!" She beamed as she gave me a hug and pulled me inside, placing her hands on my bump.

"Why thank you! So do you, hot mama!" I giggled as I looked down at her already perfectly toned tummy and poked at her abs with my knuckle. "I hope I look this good after popping this little one out" I giggled.

"Oh please! Liv don't you dare get fooled by her and those lab abs she's flexing. She says it's those aerobics classes but it's actually just the liposuction. She wouldn't be seen dead in spandex and leg warmers" Gloria called as she walked out from the kitchen cradling Skylar.

I burst out laughing as Ashley rolled her eyes. I gave Gloria a quick hug and kissed her cheek but my maternal instincts quickly took over. I scooped Skylar up and I just couldn't put her down. She was so well behaved, I just adored the feeling of having a little baby in my arms. It took away all the fears and anxiety I was having about my own birth and replaced it with such an intense excitement. I couldn't wait to meet my baby, I was so ready to finally get the chance to actually be a mother.

I followed the girls into the kitchen and scooted onto one of the stools situated around the white marble kitchen island.

"So! You need to tell us everything! How are you!? How's your dad doing now? How's married life? What's your cute little English cottage like now you've finished all the restorations? I feel like we literally didn't get the chance to talk to you properly at the wedding" Ashley fired off as she stood over the sink, filling the kettle with water.

"Yeah! How is Ozzy? Honestly Mick and I were so worried when Ashley told us what had happened to him. I mean, of course we were worried about your dad but about you too! The stress and travelling over here couldn't be doing you any good especially so far along" Gloria grimaced.

GUYS... when I tell you, all I wanted to fricking do was enjoy the last few weeks of my pregnancy completely stress free, binge eating my weird cravings of honey covered pickles and tortilla chips dipped in marmalade, living in my pyjamas with my leaky boobs swinging and my bump hanging out over my pants, my unwashed and unbrushed hair just thrown up, watching TV and getting Razzle to rub my swollen feet and ankles but instead, we jetted back out to L.A. in a rush after my dad decided to venture out on his ATV and completely totalled it. The bike went up in the air and landed on him, breaking his neck, ribs and collarbone in the process.

He was rushed to hospital and put into an induced coma to keep him out of severe pain and to allow his body to start the process of healing itself. He was under for a whole week and I spent it completely sleepless and terrified. The doctors and nurses reassured me that he was going to be absolutely fine, it was just a pain management solution, but seeing him in that state set off my past traumas and I could only think of the worst case scenarios. I mean, he was still covered in the dirt from the accident, he had tubes and bottles of blood and piss coming out of everywhere you could think. His collarbone had completely severed a major artery going to his arm so the doctors and surgeons had to work immediately to try and save his arm, which they did thank god. But, his ribs were pinching crucial blood vessels, so one wrong move and he could have bled out. He went in for surgery, after surgery, after surgery. It wasn't a pretty sight at all.