Kidnapped

Pete's POV:

When I returned back to my senses, everything around me seemed dark. I tried to move but my movements were restricted. I could feel the strings tied to my hands as I moved to free myself. The environment around seemed to be eerily quiet and there was foul smell around. I don't know where I am but this place is really disgusting.

I don't know how long it had been that I am here. The last thing I remember is I was returning home after my college. I was accompanied by Peak and we had a great time talking to each other. We had some creative events going on in college and the classes were all cancelled. I too took part in the activities and enjoyed myself, especially the solo act.

Ever since then Peak had been teasing me. No!! I didn't do any mistake. But it was rather because he said there was a man staring at me intensely all the while when I was on stage. He even asked Peak about my name and stated that he wanted to meet me but then he got a call and he left. Peak had been searching for him since that day so that he could introduce me to him. He had been saying one thing constantly, "I feel he is perfect for you."

I huffed saying he is making up stories just so that he will get chance to tease me. "Pete, tomorrow is the last day of events and I think that person will surely come." Peak said. "What makes you think so?" I asked playfully. "Well, I have met many people and he is certainly the one you can call loyal. I mean the way he looked at you, he was already falling for you. I wish he had stayed." He said with a frowning face.

"It looks like you are falling for him. Now stop whining and let's get back home. I need to prepare for tomorrow's competition." I said pulling him along. "Well, I will pray to God that you end up with him." He said suddenly. "Why are you so much concerned about him?" I asked a bit annoyed. "Pete, we have been friends since childhood. I know you very well. You believe in true love and this person is the exact one you want. Don't judge before you meet him. At least speak to him and then decide." Peak said. I could only agree to him since I knew he was not going to let go off this topic any time sooner.

We parted our ways as we reached the junction. Peak waved at me saying see you tomorrow. I replied the same and then started walking in the direction of home. I was excited since it's going to be the last day but also, my inner self was curious to meet this person Peak had been talking about. If only I had made an attempt to swipe my gaze over the audience after performance, I would have got a glimpse of him. I sighed as I saw my house at a little distance. And then, everything happened in split second.

A speeding car halted in front of me and two bulky men wearing black clothes and black mask stepped out. They grabbed me and started moving in the direction of the van. I was protesting and screaming for help but they were too strong and then, there was a piece of cloth placed on my mouth covering it. I smelled something and then my vision started to get blur before my surrounding went dark.

I don't know how long I was awake now and then after what seems like hours, I heard a loud sound. I could feel the floor shaking and my body jolted. After sometime, everything was silent but then there was aloud noise of something big being opened, may be big doors. There was a loud clang and I feel little vibrations over my body.

Then a breeze hit my body and the disgusting smell was reduced to some extent. "How many are there?" Some guy spoke. "Around 30.... Check." The other person commanded. Then I felt footsteps nearing me followed by a whip of air. "This one seems dead." The person said.

So there were 30 other people around me and one of them was already dead. A shiver ran down my spine as the information got registered into my brain. "Separate the dead and get the remaining into the van. Boss is waiting." The other person said. Then I felt more footsteps and there was rusting sound.