Talking to him

Cover page credit - CrystalCastleO_o

Pete's POV:

My peaceful sleep was disturbed from the constant annoying sound coming from the clock placed on the nightstand. I reached for it with my eyes still closed and tried to shut it off. No use, rather than keeping quiet, it decided to jump off the stand making me wake up and sit on bed. I groaned in disappointment as my sleep was finally evaded.

I picked up the culprit that was still making the noise and slapped it hard making it shut. "From tomorrow, I am putting you on mute." I said to it while placing it back on the nightstand. I kicked the duvet aside and then moved to get down from the bed. I walked towards the bathroom while yawning and scratching my head. I brushed my teeth and cleaned myself thoroughly.

After I was done with my business, I walked out of the bathroom. I changed into comfortable clothes before walking out of the room. I could hear the sound coming from downstairs and immediately identified that deep voice. He was instructing something and I could hear only few words. He ordered to prepare some dishes and all of them were my favorite. What was he up to?

I walked down the stairs and then headed towards the dining room. When I entered I saw him and the other guy sitting and having breakfast. He raised his head and looked at me and then motioned me to come closer. I walked up to him and then I saw Martha standing there with chair already pulled out for me.

I sat down and soon the breakfast was placed in front of me. "Martha said you wanted to talk to me." He initiated the conversation. "Err... I am sorry... For everything I did. You have been good to me from the very beginning and I yelled at you even though it wasn't your fault. I am really really sorry." I apologized. "It's alright. I can understand what you are going through." He said briefly. "Can I ask you something?" I questioned holding my breath. "Yes.... Go ahead." He said scooping a spoon of his breakfast. "What is your name?" I asked.

He looked at me and then replied, "Ae Intouch. You can call me Ae. This is Pond and you know Martha. I am sorry that I didn't introduce myself that day. I was a bit exhausted." He replied. "Okay... And thank you very much for being kind to me." I said with gratitude. Then I saw his lips curled up into a smile. This was the first time I saw him smile and he looked freaking cool. "Why don't you smile more often?" the words left my mouth even before I could process what I was saying.

His head snapped in my direction and Pond almost spat everything he had in his mouth. I slapped my mouth covering it up in fear for having said something without thinking. I could hear little laughter coming from Martha and I braced myself for the yelling that I would be getting now for sure, but for my utter surprise he said something which I never expected, "I'll try..."

Pond looked at him with surprised expression and then his gaze got diverted to me. The remaining breakfast was had in silence since no one dared to utter another word. I could see a small smile playing on his lips and I was glad that he was at least smiling.

He finished his breakfast and got ready to leave. "Pond, you are staying with Pete. Take care of him and you know rest of the instructions. Right?" Ae asked and Pond nodded in response. "See you in evening." He said to me and then started walking towards the doors. "Can I go out?" I asked hurriedly before he would get away.

He stopped in his tracks and then stayed quiet for a while, I was scared that he might lash out on me but then he replied in a calm voice, "Yes..... but Pond will accompany you." Then the owner of the voice didn't wait for my reply and walked out of the room.

I sighed as I watch him disappear behind the doors. I looked at the person who was still munching on his breakfast happily. I sat down to finish what was left in my plate. 'Never waste food', something my mom would always tell me.