Cookies

With passage of days, I started to get use to this place; it started to feel like home. Pond would be there around most of the time and I would spend my time with Martha. It was more like I was experimenting in kitchen and everyone was having great time. Few days back I baked a cake and Ae fought with Pond to get the biggest piece, not to mention that they looked like little kids.

I learnt to be happy in this place, or rather, Ae made me feel happy being here. Ae showed me pictures of his late parents and siblings, I could see the pain in his eyes when he looked at those pictures. Martha told me that Ae felt sad whenever he looked at the pictures. He would miss his family badly and will spend the whole day alone. So he decided not to hang them in the house and they were placed in a special room. Not to mention that the whole room was filled with their pictures. It was like a trip down a memory lane....

Today was just like a normal day and I have prepared some chocolate cookies for evening. It was almost time that Ae would be home so Martha got the tea ready. Pond and I have just played a game which I won and he was a bit in low mood. Not to mention that he had locked himself up in the room.

Ae finally arrived home and walked inside the house. "How was your day?" I asked stepping closer. "Good..... Mmm.... What's the delicious smell?" He inquired. "I have baked chocolate cookies." I admitted, I could see his face lit up with smile. "Then I'll hurry to get fresh, I don't want Pond to eat them all. Ask Martha to get tea ready. I'll be right back." He said and then rushed inside the room.

Within a short time, he emerged out wearing pyjama, making his way towards me. "Ow, where is Pond?" he questioned scanning the room. "Err... We were playing video games and he lost." I informed. "Hmmm... So he is grieving over the lost game!!" he said and then yelled loudly, "Wow!!! Chocolate cookies!! I'll finish them up before Pond!!"

There was a sound of door being opened and slammed and soon, footsteps could be heard approaching us. Ae was trying to hold back his laughter while I giggled. "You bastard friend of mine!! How dare you eat all the cookies alone?" Pond shouted approaching us. "Oh!!! I heard you were grieving over a lost game!! I know you are hurt and wouldn't want to eat. So, I thought not to trouble you. I can understand the pain you are going through." Ae teased.

"Hey!!! I was supposed to get a little share. This is against the rule!!" Pond was now sulking. "Where is the rule book? Please get it!! I want to see." Ae was still in mood of troubling his cousin. "Aeeeee!! Pity your handsome cousin. How can you do something like this? I lost a game. You could have at least tried to console me." Pond stated.

"Sir, tea is ready!" Martha called from the dining room. Pond looked at Ae and then back to the dining room. "Didn't he say that he ate the cookies?" Pond asked me confused. "I didn't say I ate.... I said I was going to finish them. And I will!!" Ae said and then ran towards the dining room. "He didn't have tea... That means he didn't eat cookies... So they are still there... Now he went into the dining room to have tea...Hmmm..." Pond was talking to himself lost in his thoughts when it suddenly strike him, "FUCKING HELL!! HE'S GONNA FINISH THEM!!" The next moment, Pond too disappeared behind the doors of the dining room. I couldn't stop laughing after looking at this two.

I walked towards the dining room from where I can hear two people squabbling. When I entered, I saw Pond holding two cookies in his hand with one in his mouth. Ae was trying to snatch one of the cookies and Martha stood at the distance watching the two and laughing. I too couldn't hold back my laughter and went to join Martha.

"They are fighting like kids." Martha said while looking at the two and I hummed in agreement. This was the side of Ae that everyone missed the most. And I could see everyone around being happy. The house too looked like a brighter version than the one I had seen earlier.