Slipping out

Pete's POV:

We were moving towards the other store when I said that I wanted to use restroom. Pond just nodded and then I started walking towards the rest room with one of the guard following me. My eyes were fixed to the elevator whose doors were opened. I saw a couple enter inside and press the button.

Now is the time!! I made a quick move and bolted towards the elevator. The guard was caught by surprise and I got enough time to get away. I entered the elevator in record time and the doors closed behind me. I let out a sigh of relief finding myself out of the sight.

The elevator dinged and soon the doors opened revealing the basement of the huge building. I instantly got out making my way towards the exit. I could feel the couple's confused gaze on me but I was least bothered about them. I have planned of hiring a taxi that would take me away from this place. Later, I can plan my way back home. For time being, getting away from this place was more important.

I didn't look back to see if someone was following me or not. I was just taking steps towards the exit. I can feel my heart hammering in my chest while my breathing got heavy. It was as if this whole escape was making me tired but still I stuck to what I had planned.

I could see the exit at a little distance and I was all delighted. I increased my pace so that I would soon be out of this place but then, I saw two people walking in my direction. I ignored them thinking that they must have come to the mall and continued with my walking. I shouldn't worry myself over something that doesn't concern me. I was just few steps away from my freedom.

Just then, one of the two grabbed my wrist and turned me around. Within split second I was pinned to the wall and his disgusting face was just inches away from mine. "Leave me!!" I shouted and started to wriggle and kick trying to free myself. He was too strong for someone like me and he wore a smug expression. I am in trouble!!!!

"Why are you in so much hurry sweety? How about spending little time with us..." He said inching closer. "I said leave me alone!!!" I yelled and aimed my knee towards his private part. I hit him really hard with all the strength I could gather and he backed off. I took the opportunity to get away from this place and hurried towards the exit. Earlier, I was escaping for freedom, now, am running for my life. I should have listened to Ae and Pond!! I cursed myself for my wrong decision as I rushed towards the exit.

I was almost out of the place if I haven't stumbled in to someone. The impact was really hard and I was about to fall to the ground but two strong arms held me in place. I was now scared thinking about the worst scenarios. I guess these two people belong to a big gang. Fear started to arise inside my heart as turned my head to look at the person.

My eyes almost popped out when I saw the person whose arms were wrapped around me. I could see a death glare in his eyes as he looked past me at the two people who were following me. He was none other than....... Ae!! Instantly, a wave of relief washed over my body. I clutched onto his business suit while trying to catch my breath. "Are you alright?" he asked. I could feel the concern yet anger in his words. "I am fine." I replied while trying to breathe. His hands were still wrapped around me and I didn't want him to pull them away. Something about his presence was making me feel at ease.

"Give him back to us!" One of them said. "Back off!!" he barked. I could feel his body shaking in anger and he tightened his grip around me. "So you want to mess with us?" the person spoke and I could feel him approaching us. "You are messing with something that belongs to me." He snarled gritting his teeth. I closed my eyes and buried my face into his chest. I was scared about what is going to happen.

"Take them away." I heard him say and then pulled to look at him. His face still had the same expression but his features seemed somewhat relaxed. "Yes boss!!" I heard Pond's voice coming from behind. I turned my head to look behind and found the two guards holding the two culprits by their collar.