Trouble

The person in front of me was now scrutinizing me, making me a bit uncomfortable. I tried to move but my leg was tangled into his, preventing me from moving. Atid was the quick one and helped me untangle myself and get up. I could feel the stares on me again and it was a bit embarrassing. "Let's go... We are getting late." Atid said helping me to steady up.

I turned around, ready to leave the place when I heard a voice form behind, "I am sorry..." I heard gasps coming from people gathered around and Atid almost froze in his place. Did I hear it wrong? He just apologized..... but why does other people seem to be in shock?

Atid turned around and I followed him. The person who had fallen to ground had now managed to stand up and was dusting off the dirt from his pants. "Atid.... What is wrong?" I whispered to the person besides me. Before I could say anything further, the person walked towards us and extended his hand forward. "Hi.... I am Zee..."

"Hi.... I am Pete." I said while shaking hands with him. "You are the new student?" he inquired while scrutinizing me. I could hear people gossiping around us and some even had a stunned expression. "Yes..." I replied back. "Pete..... We are getting late" Atid said and then dragged me away.

After we were away from the place and out of sight of all the people, Atid spoke, "Pete... You need to stay away from him. He is not a good guy." But he didn't look so, he seemed well mannered when he spoke to me. "Why so?" I asked. "Because he is the head of bullies. It's not good having any contact with this kind of people, you are inviting trouble. Also, you are known as Intouch so you'll have to keep away from him. I don't want people to think low of you. Also, this is the first time he had apologized to someone." Atid cleared.

I nodded in understanding and we headed in the direction of the next class. I shouldn't forget that Ae has given me a normal life and giving my best was the way to return the favor to him. Also, I myself wouldn't like it if his image gets tarnished. After the lecture was over, Atid guided me towards the canteen. He asked me to sit down while he went grab us something to eat. I glanced around the canteen and it looked quite big.

Then I felt something vibrate in my pocket and remembered the cell phone. I immediately fished it out and saw Ae's ID flashing on it. I answered the call and then placed the phone against my ear and said, "Hello..."

"Hello Pete.... How's your first day going? Are you comfortable?" he inquired. This person keeps worrying a lot. "Everything is fine Ae. I just met someone who shares the same classes with me. His name is Atid. I am now in canteen." I narrated my first day to him.

"Well, it's good that you have someone to tag along. Pond will be coming to pick you up after classes. I'll see you at home. Just stuck in meeting." He informed. "Okay..." I replied. "Take care and have your meal..... bye." Ae said. Why does it feel like he wants to tell something? "O-Okay... You too have your meal on time. See you. Bye." I said and then disconnected the call. I saw Atid approaching me with the tray in his hand. He placed it on the table and then sat down beside me.

"Let's eat..." He said pushing the plate of food towards me, I nodded in response and started eating. "Atid, can I have your number?" I asked. "Yes... Sure...." He said. I fished out my phone and then handed it over to him. "This looks new and expensive..." he said while glancing at my phone and then dialed his number. After that he returned the cell phone back to me and I put it back into my pocket.

We were happily having our meal when some people came and sat around the same table. I looked up to see Zee and other people occupying the empty chairs in front of us. "Do you mind if we join?" Zee asked. "Sure.... You can have the table... We were just leaving." Atid replied getting up from the seat and I too followed him.

"I haven't asked you. I was asking Pete..." Zee said in a mocking tone. Now I was certain what Atid spoke was right. "I would have answered the same as Atid. We are having a lecture so we are leaving." I replied in a polite tone and then moved to leave. I didn't want to look back and create another misconception. I could hear people whispering as we walked past them.