Back home

The flight landed and I was in hurry to get out. We were out of the airport and I could finally breathe the familiar air. Here I am!!!

Then I felt a hand around my waist and I looked at my side to see the owner of the hand. Yes.... You are right. It's Ae. He guided me towards the car which was parked at a distance. The guards had already occupied their position around us while we moved. Pond was trailing behind us and I could feel the silence lingering between the two. I certainly have caused a problem between the two.

As, we reached the car, Ae nudged me to get in and then the two followed, as expected, the guards were occupying their position. Soon, we were inside the car and it started to move. There were two more cars alongside us. I was finally happy being in the familiar place. I looked at Ae and Pond who were silent throughout the ride. Have I been too unreasonable that they are very much angry with me? Pond whom I had seen smiling and laughing was sitting with expressionless face.

Finally, the familiar road came into view, a way to my home. The memories of past days started rushing through my mind. This was the place where I had learnt cycling with my father. Here, I and Peak had spent lot of time together roaming around. Everything about this place held a sweet memory in my heart. As the car was approaching my home, I could feel my heart leaping up in joy.

Yes!! I can finally meet my mom and dad. Unconsciously, a smile crept on my face as I looked out of the window. My gaze then landed on the same spot where I was abducted, the junction. I looked around to see if Peak was anywhere nearby.

The car halted in front of my house and I could finally let out a sigh of relief. I am home!! Without any delay, I hurried to open the door but the guard was quick enough, even before my hand could land on the handle, the door was opened.

I stepped out taking in the familiar view of my cozy, comfortable and warm home. I closed my eyes breathing in the air and then proceeded towards the entrance. Mom and dad were not there outside so I guess they must be busy with something. The gate was already opened so I marched into the house.

The surrounding looked a bit odd as the leaves from many days were lying around the place. Mom must have been so worried about me that she didn't even bother to clean this place. This is the reason I wanted to get back home. I know my parents very well. There was dust everywhere and the mailbox too had many letters. I collected them and started to go through them. Nothing important as such. I can't believe that dad too has be ignorant to check the mailbox. I started to walk towards the house with my gaze scanning the place - the swing that was hanging from tree, my cycle, the small pond me and dad have made when I was 12 years old, everything was in it's place. As I made my towards the veranda I could see that there were some black stains on the floor and also foul smell. These neighbors!! How many times did dad tell them not to throw the dead animals around, the smell is disgusting. I turned around to see where Ae and Pond were and I could see them following me but they both wore a sad expression. Are they unhappy bringing me here?

I can understand if Ae resents me for everything I have done. After all, he didn't have to be so nice to me. I would have been sold to anyone who would have completely ruined my life but Ae had been really nice to me. He did his best to keep me happy and gave me everything. And I would be forever be grateful to him for that. After meeting my parents, I have decided to tell them that I will return back with Ae. This is the least I could do for all the things he have done for me.

I looked around the place as my feet took me towards the door, mom seems to be not in good condition otherwise there wouldn't have been so much of mess around. The front door was open so I just walked in happily calling for my parents, "Mom!! Dad!! I am home." Just few seconds and you'll see them running towards me. I know how happy they will be when they see me. I am also jumping in joy to finally unite with them.