Deciding

After that incident, there wasn't any more trouble and that allowed my heart to have some rest. These constant worries have been draining me off and I felt that I might go crazy sometime.

Ae made sure that I will be studying in the study room and he avoided seating in the hall. It was because he was worried that the person might harm me. As a result, Pond was always grumbling since he was alone. He would occasionally join us in the study room but then, he would get bored soon and return to his room.

It was just like a usual day when Ae dropped me to college. As I walked towards the entrance, Atid was already waiting for me at the door. "Good morning Pete!!" He greeted with a cheerful smile. "Good morning..." I replied while smiling at him. "Come, let's get going. Today is an important day." He said pulling me inside the building.

As we approached the door of our classroom, I could see people gathered around corridor and gossiping. All seemed in excited mood and even the students from remaining classes were roaming around. Don't they have classes?

"Atid, why is everyone roaming around?" I asked in curiosity. "The coming week will be college event week. Also, we are going to choose a club to join so everyone is excited about it." He cleared. "Hmmm... That's great..." I replied. We made way through the crowd and entered the class, the atmosphere inside was lively and I could see students in their high spirits.

I remembered the time of my college events. And then, I felt a pain in my heart. My college events... Returning home.... Kidnapping.... Auction.... Parent's death.... How will I ever be able to get over this pain? I had a bitter smile on my face as Atid kept talking about the events.

Should I return home? But then, Ae has his hopes pinned to me... I didn't know what to do so I excused myself and walked out of the classroom. I went out of the building heading towards the garden where the benches were placed. Thankfully there was no one around so I made myself comfortable on one of them.

Should I call Ae? But he will get worried. Calling Pond was not an option since Ae will come to know the very next moment. I fished out my cell phone and started going through the contacts and luckily, I saw Peak's number. I dialed his number and waited for him to answer.

I was praying internally that he should pick up soon since I was on horns of dilemma, either way, I was going to hurt myself or Ae. After 5 rings, Peak finally answered the called allowing me to let out a sigh of relief.

"Hello Pete..." he called as soon as he picked up. From his voice, it's clear that he was sleeping. "Hello Peak.... I-I needed your help..." I said. I could hear some rustling and soon he answered me in a clear voice. "What's the matter?" he asked.

"Peak... It's.... Err.... I mean...." I didn't know what to tell him and how he was going to help me. But in times like this, he was the only one I trusted. "Pete, did something happen between you and Ae?" his voice sounded concerned as he asked me that question.

"Err... Nothing happened between me and him. It's just that the college events are starting." I said. I didn't know what to tell him more or how to explain it to him. "Pete, are you thinking about your mom and dad?" he asked. He knew me too well and understood exactly what the matter was. I just hummed in response and kept quiet.

"Pete, you should always look at the positive side of each situation. I know that you have bad memories about what has happen but also think about the good side. It was during the college event that you met Ae. It was the reason why you are still safe and happy. It wasn't your fault that things turned out this way. If your parents were alive, they would have accepted you and Ae with wide arms. You should know that they will still be caring for you. And you should leave the past behind. Take a step forward and consider this as your rebirth. Nothing happened in past and you have a new and beautiful future. Think about Ae when you are taking a step forward. You should learn to see the good side of every bad situation. Pete, I would suggest you to participate in the event week and give your best. Think how proud Ae will be when he sees your efforts. Let him know that you appreciate the new life he has given to you. This is the only way that you can repay him, by simply trying to give your best. And as far as I know Ae, he will be happy to see you participating in the events." Peak spoke.