Annoyed

It had been 3 days since Ae had left. Pond was following all the instructions carefully. He would drop me to college and pick me up, the food was always my favorite, everyone was trying their best to cheer me up but like always, it was Ae's call that would lift up my mood.

He would call me in morning when I would be waking up and then there will many messages dropped throughout the day to cheer me up. I could see that he was trying his best to keep me happy even though he was away.

It was the 4th day after Ae had left and as instructed, Pond dropped me to college. I walked into the classroom and found Atid already occupying his seat. "Hi!!" I greeted. "Hi Pete! We are having less lectures today. Will you like to go out and have some fun?" Atid asked. "I would have loved to but I have some work in library. May be next time." I denied. It's not that I don't want to go but since Ae was not here, I didn't want to trouble Pond. Also, if something happened, Ae would really be pissed off. The least I want to do is invite trouble for the person who considers me as his family.

"Pete, why do you always deny going out? Are you scared?" Atid asked. "Err.... It's just that I am new to this place and also I have many people's hopes pinned to me. So, I want to give my best to make the use of time in best manner. Also, I'll be participating in college event week so I won't have much time for studies. So trying to complete all the assignments and work before." I replied. "You seem to plan everything. Well, good luck!! I'll be going out with friends, if you need anything, please feel free to call me." Atid said.

I nodded my head in response and then turned to look around. The lecturer had already walked in and was going to start his lecture. I paid full attention to what was being taught. My phone would buzz occasionally and I knew very well that Ae was dropping messages in between. It gave some warmth to my heart and a lift to my mood.

After the lectures, Atid left with his friends while I walked towards the library. Pond was going to pick me up at usual time so I would have to utilize this time to complete my homework and assignments.

I was just few steps away from library when someone rushed by me, pushing me in hurry. I lost my balance and knew that I was going to hit the floor. I tried to save myself and then, there was someone for my rescue. I was caught just when I was about to kiss the ground.

I turned around to thank the person and then saw Zee standing there. "Are you alright?" he asked in concern. "Yes... I am fine." I replied while steadying myself. Then his gaze was dancing over my face and then landed on my shoulder. I looked down to see what was wrong and then noticed that the top button was open. I hurried to close it but then noticed the button missing.

In the haste of catching me, the shirt was pulled a bit, resulting in the button to be ripped off. "What's that mark?" Zee asked. I was confused as to what he was referring to, I never had any mark. "What mark?" I asked.

"The one near your shoulder, it looks like something had bitten you." He replied. Realization hit me hard when he mentioned the place of mark. It was the hickey sucked by Ae just before he left. I remember him caressing the spot after having bitten there.

"It was... Err.... I was bitten by mosquito. My skin gets bruised easily." I tried to cover up. Internally, I wanted to shout out loud that I have a boyfriend but then it was going to raise thousands of questions – Where my parents are? Why I am staying with Ae? It was obviously going to make others dig for my past and then bring forth the horrific memories. If anyone comes to know that Ae had bought me in an auction, it was going to tarnish his Ae's image forever.

Also, I was worried that people will start looking down upon Ae. What he was doing was really something no one could do but it would also attract lot of attention to him. And also, I didn't want anyone to question our relation. I was staying with Ae, he was taking care of me but why is he doing this? And then people and media would have brought it up in news and all the efforts Ae had done to save me would have been proved to be in vain. Rather, it would have made him feel that saving me was a mistake.