40. Mommy Is Tired (Sai)

It's done! The Great Assembly accepted our strategy. 

   A month of celebrations for the end of the war will follow with the royal wedding being its spectacular end. It will be held in Eleysan. The execution of our plan will start immediately after that. We have strict orders for each tribe's rulers and generals. Everyone will learn their tasks and will have to perform them in strict organization and utmost speed. The time is not enough. A year is nothing when you want to evacuate a whole continent and build ten thousand flying ships. King Dorth and Lord Bardal will supervise the progress in the Green Mountain. Lord Malderyn will be responsible for the planes and the northern sea shore. King Unufrail will coordinate the Southern shore tribes. Queen Jendayi and Queen Salia will watch the preparations in the grass land. Prinx Mostal's men will be in charge of the Forest and the Caves. Queen Airya will be at the shipyard in Eleysan's capital. She will make sure that the schedule for the construction of the divers is observed without interruptions. We will discuss the strategy with every representative personally in the greatest detail during the following two weeks and then we are leaving for the God's Garden.

   Our group of six, including me, Dey, Mos, Tar, The First Uyani and Arx is already named by the citizens 'The Sun, The Moon and the Stars'. Mos, true to their nature proudly calls us 'The Adventure Team'. Our main tasks are two. We must provide enough air diamonds for the ships to fly which we consider the easier one. The more challenging goal is to find out if other dry land than the Continent still exists. We have six months to do both. We must come back and start preparing the monster trap when the time is up.

   I smile while walking to our bedroom down the silent halls. My prince was amazing as always. People were watching him with respect and admiration. Every word he said was on point. It was impossible not to follow him. I chuckle. It seems I am the follower after all. 

   I was barely able to slip out of the lavish feast which started after the assembly was over. Everyone wants to ask questions. The guests are excited and elated. They feel capable of doing something that in other times would be considered unthinkable. Dey turned everyone into a believer. I lost him in the crowd at a certain point, among greetings and conversations, so I left when I felt really tired. He will follow me sooner or later or, maybe, he is already waiting for me in bed.

   "Oh, dear!" I gasp upon entering the room. 

   I spot the enormous, black, death bat instead of Dey. Harda is sprawled on the floor. His three pairs of shining, red eyes are pinned into me the moment I enter. I hesitate a little bit at the door, but finally decide that we need to become friends if I'm going to marry his master. This is an impressive beast. I would lie if I say that he doesn't make me nervous every time I find myself too close to his terrifying muzzle. I've never been left alone with him. I am not sure how to behave, so I approach carefully and hold out my hand. 

   "Here Harda! Come, boy! Let's get to know each other." I'm trying to keep my voice quiet and calm.

   The bat growls and brings his enormous head close to my fingers. The four rows of razor sharp teeth can be clearly seen. The purple saliva is dripping on the floor. I can't imagine this monster being as small as a kitten, sleeping on a little boy's palm and can't stop picturing my arm bitten in half. I take few deep breaths to calm my racing heart and take another step towards him. He growls louder and starts sniffing my palm. My legs are as soft as jelly. I don't even know how I am still able to stand on my feet.

   "Easy, Harda. I am your friend. I promise," I mutter, more for my own comfort than for the animal to hear. Harda slowly gets up. He's nearly as tall as me. Each of his huge paws is bigger than both my feet. He keeps sniffing up my arm and across my chest. I'm on the verge of loosing consciousness when he exhales loudly and leans his head on my shoulder. I contemplate if it's better to stay still or pet it when his rough, purple tongue extends from his mouth and licks my cheek. 

   "Dearest God!" I groan, feeling the purple slime trickling down my neck. 

   "I'm so sorry!" I suddenly hear Dey's voice, coming from the adjacent bath. I can't see him since the animal is in front of me and I do not dare to move my eyes away from the menacing snout. "I should have sent him on the terrace. Did he startle you, Moon Ray. He would never cause you any harm, but I know how scary he can be."

   "I am ok," I lie blatantly. The drool is sliding down my back as Harda keeps licking persistently my neck. "Would you, please, call him before he paints me all purple and drowns me in saliva."

   "Aww, are you worried about your looks, beautiful Moon," Dey chuckles. "Come on! Pet him! That's what he wants."

   "Are you sure?" I ask tentatively. "It looks more like he's preparing to eat me."

   "He knows that I love you, Sai," my spouse keeps laughing. "He would protect you with his life."

   "That doesn't make this less gross," I frown and carefully put my hand on the animal's head. Harda elicits a series of high-pitched chirps. I squeak, "What is this? What does it mean? I've never heard him make such sounds."

   "Wow! I can't believe it," Dey exclaims. "Death bats make these sounds only when they are with their mothers."

   "Really? He thinks I am his mother?" I bellow incredulously and bravely start scratching his ear. He's actually kind of cute. 

   "No silly," Dey giggles. "He just likes you very, very much."

   "I am truly fond of him too," I purse my lips. "Now get him off me. I need a bath."

   "Here Harda! Mommy is tired and doesn't like to be drooled on," Dey snorts. The bat moves away, following him to the terrace.

   "I'm a mess," I grumble and finally look up at my prince. "Oh, my God! Dey, what have you done? You are... different... you... are... so... ohhh..."

___________________________________

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 40!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Sai and Harda finally made close acquaintance.

Do you think it went well? 😉

What about 'The Adventure Team"? Will they be able to complete the two tasks? 

Why do you think Sai was so surprised when he looked at Dey? 🤭

Next is coming Special Chapter 4. What would you like to be revealed in bigger detail in it?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny