43. One step closer

》》》》》♤《《《《《

“What were you thinking when you found out about him" kei asked softly. Hiro was still asleep . They finished both Rio movies, monster inc ,big hero six (hiro loved that one because the main character had the similar name to his) and 2 of the toy story movies. Before cutting out. It was late the next morning. Neither of them felt like moving. So they just remained there. Last night all of them sort of just passed out after hiro.

Tetsu furrowed his brow. “ I don’t really know it was this mix of emotions. Confusion. Shock. Happiness.  I just Remember thinking that there's a future for us.” Tetsu turned o his back and looked up at the ceiling. “The past week I was so lost without you. I was at a crossroads.  On the one hand I wanted to be a good father. I wanted to be everything my father wasn’t. But on the other hand I wanted to be happy. I wanted to be happy with you.”

Tetsu turned his head slightly to look at kei. “If only I met you first, then there would have been none of this unnecessary heart ache."

He turned on his side facing kei. “I could of loved you openly and wholy. he caressed keis cheek. “we could of gone on cheesy dates and “studied together” he moved a stray blonde hair out of his face. “we could of gone to the movies on weekends and kissed in the back of the cinema.” Kei watched him carefully.  He stroked keis face softly.

“we could have had random sleep overs when I snuck to tokyo to see you randomly. There’s so much we could of done if I’d I met you before all this.” he mumbled longingly.

“If you’d of met me before all this you’d be considered a paedophile.” Tetsu chuckled. And kei smiled back at him softly.  “but I’m kind of glad that didn’t happen.” Keis brows furrowed a bit. “because no matter how much I don’t want to admit it. That version of us would not of raised a child as amazing as hiro.” He glanced down at the second blonde. tucked into his mothers chest.

Kei smiled softly “we are only what our past made us to be.” 

Tetsu nodded. He glanced over at the clock on the wall and sighed. “my wedding starts in an hour.” Kei glanced at the clock . “I guess it does.” Neither of them made a move to get up after that statement . Tetsus brows furrowed. He looks at kei.

“Kei ?” he questioned.

“hmm” 

“Would you trust me.just this once.” Keis brows furrowed. 

“Just this one last time.” Kei looked down at his son . He bit his lip. “just this once": tetsus eyes lit up. “would you come with me to it?”

Keis eyes narrowed. “you want me to go to your wedding with you?”

“yes but-" kei tried to move away before tetsu grabbed his waist holding him still.

“No moonshine don’t jump to conclusions listen first" he frowned but nodded for him to continue.  “I need to fix this, all of it, i need to face my demons head on and the only way I’m going to do that is to go there and make the record straight to everyone. I want you there when I fix everything so we could be happy” he begged softly.

Kei looked hesitant “I havent agreed to staying yet.”he mumbled

Trust smiled sadly “I know but it’s a chance I have to take.”  Kei bit his lip but nodded. 

Just this one time.

》》》》》♤《《《《《

Kei walked in to the large ball room. The room was filled with people he didn’t know. It was impersonally decorated. The work of a professional by how precise it was. They were under dressed. Everyone was wearing the most expensive suits and custom made dresses with flashy jewelry that sparkled under the bright lights.