SSS-Level : Pretty Useless Bastard (pt. 2)

'And that bastard won't be the only one.'

As Cale returned to his spot, he recalled some important names that he needed as well.

+

Everyone could see that Kim Rok Soo's spot in this central shelter...

It was at the edge of the first floor.

It was right next to a crumbling ceiling.

It was right by the back door of the first floor.

From the marks, they could see that if it rains, then that place would leak.

Their assumption was soon affirmed.

+

Kim Rok Soo's spot was the only spot in the building where rain leaked through the cracked ceiling.

"what are you frowning about now, hmm?"

He heard a husky and aged man's voice at that moment.

"You chose that spot."

That was the case.

"What's wrong? Do you suddenly want to move elsewhere? What happened to pretending like you were sacrificing yourself for the others?"

Cale sighed and turned his head but says nothing as he just looked toward the middle-aged man lying on the next spot.

There was nothing under his knees.

He was one of the people that team leader Lee Soo Hyuk had saved, Jang Man Soo.

"Hey! I heard you got beat up by Park Jin Tae and his gang. Are you okay?"

Man Soo raised his neck and leaned on the wall.

"I'll be fine. Grandma Kim already check up on me"

"you still look like shit"

"Aren't we all?"

Man Soo laughed while Cale carefully take a seat.

+

"How does the young master-nim can be this calm despite everything?"

A young elf asked her friend who can only shakes her head.

"I think... that would be a mystery that would never get solved"

+

In the past, after taking his family from him, the monsters also took both of Man Soo's legs.

He planned to die when the team leader saved him. Ever since then, Man Soo was someone who was barely alive and living on.

Cale quietly observed him before lowering his body and got closer to the older man.

"Hey mister."

"What is it?"

As Jang Man Soo looked toward Kim Rok Soo who was acting differently than normal with confusion...

Cale quietly whispered.

"Please help me out."

Jang Man Soo looked confused.

"Me? You're talking to me? What help can I be? Did you go crazy after getting beaten up?"

"Mister."

Cale whispered quietly so that nobody else could hear. He knows something that would surely take the older man's attention.

"Your ability awakened not too long ago, didn't it?"