SSS-Level : You've grown a lot (pt. 4)

'Because of this kind of mindset, I am different than him'

Cale glanced at Lee Soo Hyuk and the rescue team members who flinched at his words.

World peace. Unlike these people. World peace has never been Cale's goal. He is not ignorant enough for wishing that.

'My own safety and my people's happiness. That's it'

His dream is nothing so grand that deserves to be called a Hero.

+

"That's not an excuse, young master-nim..."

Paseton bit his lower lip as he realized that all this time, despite all of the praises showered at him, Cale did not see himself as someone fitting of the compliments.

'That goal of yours is not selfless enough for you to label yourself as trash.'

Maybe he should visit and help the heroes, no, help Cale's friends on helping the young master realizing that he is a good person.

+

'I mean, even the elves questioned the Cheapskate because he is someone with materialistic greed, right?'

Cale is someone who's on par with him or might even worse. His friends would know this side of him the most.

+

The elves flinched at this while Cale's friends all over the continents sighed.

This is no longer denseness. It is pure ignorance.

Just how low his self-worth that he keep thinking this kind of thing?

+

Cale silently wonders if he should just ruin his reputation and just showed those people that keep on overpraising him with how trashy he actually is.

He mentally shakes his head.

'That'd be a lot of work for Hyung-nim and Father.'

That's not all.

'Choi Han, Mary, Lock, the Dark elves, and the others, they'd get dragged down as well— I guess I just have to face my reality huh...'

That he is being viewed as the Hero that never been seen again.

Cale felt bitter as he remembered that name.

That's not him.

He is a trash. Not a hero.

He's not Choi Han, Mary, or even the Crown prince Alberu.

Unlike them who has pure noble goal, Cale doesn't like pain and scared to throw his life away for others.

That by any means is not how a Hero should act, right?

'I planned to have Choi Han and the others to take the spot light and live quietly instead— so how. Just H O W. How the hell I ended up getting even more famous than them? Aigoo...'

He's starting to get a headache.

+

"You? You're getting a headache??"
Alberu said as if the other can hear him.

"If what you're having is a headache. What we're having is literal brain damag— aigoo my head..."

+

By the time Cale finally snapped out

One of the rescue team members stepped forward.