SSS-Level : The madness within the darkness (pt. 1)

Cale had stationed leader monsters at the two Central Shelters before heading out with the selected individuals for this hunt.

A The Steel Feather Hawk and a 3-meter tall white rabbit.

Meanwhile, The Dark Tiger, followed him around like the part of his deal.

He also left a Golem that would directly share a soul with him. Which means, even the slightest scratch on that 'golem', the pain would be delivered to him. But it was necessary.

He had trusted Choi Han defending their Central Shelter before, and that punk really have protagonist buff. One that's undefeated.

Cale did not know whatever the other had to fight against when he left him alone, so he can only assume sharing 50 : 50 is the best way to keep everyone safe.

+

"That's... that unlucky bastard is— haaaaaaaaa"

Eruhaben lets out a deep sigh before shutting up.

'Doesn't he know the danger of doing such thing!? If that much of soul is destroyed, one couldn't even be called a 'living being' anymore!!!'

He really wanted to scream.

Meanwhile, Sheritt who is also aware of this fact as she pretty much do the same thing to herself, can only look grim as she stared at the screen.

+

After making sure that everything is in order, Cale put the walkie-talkie back into his pocket and looked around.

He could see the desolate city that had no lights as the electricity had been cut.

It was full of dilapidated or completely destroyed buildings.

Furthermore, there were dry blood marks and bone fragments that he couldn't tell whether they belonged to monsters or humans.

Cale could see all of this even though it was night time.

Crackle.

It was because of the light inside the small glass bottle in his hand.

"Ah, it feels so stifling. Can't we make it any brighter?"

Cale could see Park Jin Tae walking up toward him.

Currently, they were stealthily moving with Cale in the front, followed by Albert, Park Jin Tae, Joo Ho-Shik, and Che Soo Jung.

Park Jin Tae had peeked toward Albert warily before walking forward and speaking to Cale.

Nobody else other than Cale had a light with them as they followed him.

"I don't even see any monsters around here."

Cale shook his head at the grumbling Park Jin Tae.

"That won't do. There are monsters around the streets as well, sir. We need to quietly get to our destination."

They needed to first get to their destination.

Park Jin Tae huffed and looked back after hearing Cale's stern response.

+

Choi Han is especially nervous right now, as he know just how hard he had fought for them to be victorious in this plan.

'Cale-nim would definitely faint'

He did not even going to doubt that such thing would happen later on.