SSS-Level : Even if it takes my last breath (pt. 4)

"Roooooooooar!"

The first tree root wrapped around the monster's tail.

The yellow monster's bluish yellow eyes could see tens, no, hundreds of tree roots and branches swarming toward it.

This was completely different than any of the abilities that the other humans had used until now.

It felt as if this person was controlling nature itself.

The yellow monster made eye contact with Cale.

That was the beginning.

+

"It keeps saying 'that was the beginning'. When the hell will it says 'this was the ending'!?"

Rasheel's impatient voice roared inside his lair as he just wished to sleep.

Perhaps that way he'll forget about all of these and return to the moment where he can still have peace in his mind and heart.

+

"Roooooooooooooooar!"

"Ugh!"

The monster started to flail and Cale clenched a branch on the tree that he was standing on.

The former did it to run while the latter did it to capture it.

The only common thing between these two existences was that they were both fighting with their lives on the line.

They were both quite desperate as well.

They both knew that they didn't have much time.

If there was a difference between the two...

Cale had friends by his side.

"Min Ah."

"Yes, sir?"

"It's my turn after that weird golem."

"Puh Rum and I will go after you then."

Kim Min Ah looked toward the golem whose movement is much more natural now, as if it was a human.

But Lee Soo Hyuk was looking at Cale. Unlike Kim Min Ah who couldn't bear to look, Lee Soo Hyuk was remembering each and every one of Cale's appearances.

"I didn't know I would be fighting while looking at his back."

The corners of Lee Soo Hyuk's lips twisted up.

He then looked forward.

He heard a voice drifting away as he looked at the golem's back.

"fucking Horn."

That was all the golem said before jumping off the tree root and into the air.

Tatap.

A different tree root appeared just under his feet.

It was the same tree root that had wrapped around the yellow monster's tail.

'We can't let it get away.'

The Cheapskate who was entrusted with this role was desperate.

He didn't have the time to look back or to stop.

He knew that the opportunity that Cale had created for them was extremely precious.