SSS-Level : You've grown a lot (pt. 5)

The door dividing the training ground and the hallway then slowly started to close.

Cale could hear Lee Soo Hyuk speaking to Park Jin Tae as the door closed.

"Hey, Jin Tae. You told me that you would follow my will."

Lee Soo Hyuk had trusted Park Jin Tae quite a bit when he had been at the shelter.

"You said that you'll at least let the shelter be a place where people can live in peace. That's what you told me."

Lee Soo Hyuk was now bringing up the promise Park Jin Tae made with him in an emotionless voice.

"You also promised me that you would protect the people in the shelter. Jin Tae, did you forget about that?"

"...Damn it."

Park Jin Tae responded in a cracking voice.

Cale could not see what was going on inside because the door was closing, but it was obvious what was going on.

He heard Lee Soo Hyuk's voice again.

"Come. We need to finish our sparring."

"Fuck!"

He heard Park Jin Tae's shout as well as the sound of someone running. It was almost certainly Park Jin Tae charging toward Lee Soo Hyuk.

"Pffft."

Cale chuckled.

"Looks like he'll suffer for a while."

Lee Chul Min and Park Jin Tae will suffer like this every single day.

He could not lie to himself that he found this quite amusing.

+

Choi Han was smiling as if satisfied.

Seeing Cale's reaction, he truly is.

That swordsmaster felt even more grateful towards Lee Soo Hyuk after this.

+

The chances of today being the first day of many were very high. Lee Soo Hyuk would probably bug Park Jin Tae and Lee Chul Min over and over about how they need to share a proper lesson.

Cale chuckled as he could imagine that happening and slowly walked down the path he had come.

"...Rok Soo!"

"Hyung!"

Cale could see the Lee siblings and Grandma Kim coming around the corner.

The siblings called out to Cale but could not say anything else.

"Rok Soo."

On the other hand, Grandma Kim walked over to Cale and grabbed his hand.

Her hands were very warm.

"Rok Soo."

"Yes, grandmother?"

"Is the resentment in your heart now gone?"

Cale smiled in response.

"I'm doing well lately."

Cale was doing quite well these days.

It might seem weird since there's war and all.

But he really was doing well.

Some snippet of records in his head began to play without his consent. They showed him the faces of his comrades, his friends, his family.