SSS-Level : Before the sun comes up (pt. 1)

The numbers Cale was saying was the number of people who managed to survive through the hell that had appeared when the original shelters were destroyed.

'How does this person know about that?'

Cale started to speak again as the ability users started to stiffen up.

He was looking at the man next to Kim Tae Hoo.

"Ability user Park Young Hoon. You had quite a lot of survivors. 412 people."

Park Young Hoon's jaw dropped.

Cale looked at the people who couldn't hide their shocks and held in the bitterness he was feeling.

Kang Il-Rae, Jo Min Yeh, Kim Tae Hoo, and Park Young Hoon.

He didn't know what these people had experienced when their original shelters had fallen.

What monsters appeared, what buildings were destroyed...

How these people managed to survive...

He didn't know about any of that.

But he did remember the numbers.

Numbers were data that could give an overview of what had happened even without knowing the details.

The number of survivors from the original central shelters.

That hellish time had been recorded on a few sheets of A4 paper.

It did not record the number of dead people.

They could not check those numbers.

There were too many people.

When the world first experienced the cataclysm...

Quite a lot of people had died.

Then, when the original shelters crumbled...

Humanity faced danger once again.

That was the reason that the new central shelters that could fit tens of thousands of people had less than 10,000 total occupants.

This was why only the number of survivors were recorded.

There weren't any records of you if you died.

The original central shelters...

Cale slowly looked around at the people who had been leaders of those shelters as he started to speak again.

"Do I need to keep going?"

The entire auditorium was quiet.

+

"Holy shit. That crazy bastard is crazier than I thought!"

Bud was not the one who shouted that aloud but he was 1000% agreeing with his best friend.

Heck, he would have been the one yelling out so if it's not because he's practically coughing the alcohol out of his lung at the moment.

+

Jo Min Yeh quietly started to speak.

"Is this the power of foresight?"

The number of survivors.

That wasn't enough to claim it to be foresight.

But she had no other word than foresight to describe how this man who looked like a teenager could know the number of survivors from shelters around the country.