One

Lee Donghyuck.

Of all students that I have to teach, this one's the worst. He's been tutored by many teachers, even the best professors (as what I've been told) and still, he's not getting better. He's nowhere near half of being better.

"You failed this again?" I huff. "We already went over this for six times!"

"I'm not in the mood for your naggings." He lifted his palms while focusing his sight on his phone.

Fucking rude? Totally! But I'm used to this already.

"I'm not nagging." I sigh. "I just want to know why you still don't get anything right when we already—"

"Lee Donghyuck!" His mother barged in with a grit on her voice. She's obviously mad. "You failed, again?"

Donghyuck had the audacity to laugh despite his mother literally scolding him. He never showed fear when it comes to his mom and I'm a witness to that.

I've been teaching him for two months already and never, ever did he listen to me nor his mom. I'm just lucky that I'm not being kicked out from this job because of him being so stubborn.

"Your father knows this Donghyuck…"

"Where is he then?" He laughed in disbelief. "You know I've never had him by my side and now that I'm failing he suddenly knows me? I should fail—"

"Lee Donghyuck! Is that how you talk to your mom?"

Oh, god.

His father is here, whom I never met since I started working for them. He just barged in as if there's no door in between the hallway and Donghyuck's room. He was enraged and it was obvious from him.

Donghyuck on the other hand, looks very shocked. His hands fell on top of his mouth when he gasped loudly.

"What the actual fuck? You're here?"

"I am." His father snorted. "Because your mother told me you're not doing better at school. We gave you everything that you want and yet you're still failing. We gave you bunch of tutors and yet you learned nothing!"

"Oh…" He laughed, tears brimming at the side of his eyes but he is quick to show off a cold face. "You're here to scold me for low grades, you haven't even greeted me a hello."

Yes, I noticed that. But I'm in no position to interfere with them. So I had to excuse myself and walk as silent as I can to wait for them to finish so I can start another session with Donghyuck.

This boy is so… well, I hate to say this but he's really… dumb.

He looks very occupied every single session (which is every Monday and Friday for us) He looks bothered and most of the time, blank. He's quick to answer but I don't know where he got the right answers from when he can't bring it to school.

Aside from that, he looks very empty. Almost dead looking. Not ever did I see him smile nor give off an emotion. If there is, most probably it's anger. He always is grumpy and angry.

"Mark?"

"Yes ma'am?" I looked over her shoulders to see if Donghyuck's still there and he is. "I'm really sorry for my son, he's just so…"

"It's okay Ma'am, really. He'll probably learn somehow, someday in… some ways."

"Is this the tutor you've been telling me about?" His husband barged in the conversation and gave me a smile. "Please don't give up on our Donghyuck. He's smart, I just don't know what got into him…"

He is? That's a very good joke, sir. I almost snort loudly. Besides, I'm almost close to retiring this job.

"Actually… I just went here for a business trip—"