Thirty five

The responsibilities I have on my shoulders seemed to become tripled compared to the responsibilities I have before. I have to feed two persons every single day and for almost five times a day. The things that I used to buy when I was still alone have already vanished into the thin air. Now, I buy most things for Donghyuck.

And what makes me wonder the most is how I liked it so much. I loved the feeling of coming home to someone. I love buying a lot of things for Donghyuck, especially now that he's sensitive with his pregnancy. I love what I have now.

I drive my car to go home and get some rest with Donghyuck tonight after a few law advises that they asked me to. I also bought some baby toys, which I have packed home, so whenever Donghyuck gives birth, I already have things for our baby. I even bought a crib for our child yesterday.

I don't know. It just make me happy. It's heartwarming.

I knock on the door to respect Donghyuck's privacy and to let him know I'm already here. I know Donghyuck's adjusting with me and our place right now. After all, he's used to being alone and this is not the lifestyle that he's used to. So, now that we're already living together, I set boundaries for both of us even though I don't mind if Donghyuck would invade mine. I'd love it, even.

"Hey…"

"Maku!" He exclaims happily. He has a lot of bags surrounding him and most are bags of baby clothes.

I furrow my eyebrows as I try to make way for myself so I can go to Donghyuck. As soon as I did, I kiss his cheeks but confusion is still obviously reeking off me. Donghyuck hugs me tight.

"I love your scent so much…" He says and sniffles me in. I don't even know why he loves my scent so much when I was literally out in the sun and I sweat.

"Why do you have a lot of bags?" I ask and open one. It consists of diapers and baby bottles. "Did you buy this, all?"

"Yes." He says with a long sigh.

"Where'd you get the money from? These are all expensive!" I gasp and wait for a response. He seems to trail off though. He looks at me and tilts his head.

"From your father."

"From what?" I jerk away in shock. "Lee Donghyuck—"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." He says shyly.

"No, why did you accept it?" I hiss. "I told you I can provide for us. We don't need him!"

"Don't shout…"

I bit my lips and try not to sharpen my tone. I supress my anger in and walk away from Donghyuck who held my waist and hug me from behind.

"Let go, please? I don't want to hurt you." I grit but then he refuses to do so. "Donghyuck!"

That's when he let go of me and I immediately run to the corner of the room and face him who's five steps away from me. I don't want him near when I'm mad.

"You know very much that my father has always been a sore spot for me. You know that, Donghyuck. I hope you won't engage with him because I already cut ties with the one whom you call my father…"

"Maku." He says in a small voice. "He just went here and… gave me his black card. He said I must buy things for our baby with it…  and… and… I felt so happy. So I bought these—"

"I can buy that! I can give you that! Why didn't you ask me that? I can find ways and besides… the baby isn't even there yet!"

"I was just— I thought… you… already have a hard time… working and we don't have…" His first tear rolled off his cheeks and I tried so damn hard not to see him cry again. It hurts me. "I thought you don't have money anymore for our baby's things… because I always ask for expensive foods and I always make you buy things…"