Fourty

Are you guys ready?

Mark is my safe space. He saved me years ago when I was dying because of the thing I call family. I almost died but he came, he wiped my tears away and he saved me.

He did things to me that made my heart flutter and made my heart beat fast. Butterflies swarm around my stomach whenever he's near and if it isn't love that I feel for him, I don't know what is.

It's been four exact years since my baby Channie died, almost four years since my father died, four years and a few months ever since Mark's mother died and two years since Mark's father died.

Today, we're all here for them.

Four long years back, Mark attempted to commit suicide. His mother and Channie probably saw him that time and worked for it since the gun that he used to almost kill himself miraculously and thankfully, had no bullets left.

My soul almost jumped out of my body when he pulled the trigger but as soon as it clogged, I pushed the gun away and hug him tight. I couldn't even imagine how life would be when he did kill himself. I can't imagine that.

"Minmin?" Mark calls out to our son as he runs around the safe soft green grass. It's been a while since he ran like that so I'm happy that he's free now. "Be careful, love…"

"Daddy…" Minhyuck giggled and pointed at the boy who's smaller than him. "He's friend?"

"Be good to your friend, okay?" Mark smiled to him and let him be. By the time he sets himself beside me, I hug him very very tight.

"What's wrong baby?" God, even his laugh is handsome! I love him so much! "Hey… Are you crying again?"

"Stupid." I huff. "You could've lost this chance to see Minhyuck playing like this if that gun had bullet!"

"You've scolded me for a lot of times already…" He sighs. "And I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for almost giving up. I'm so sorry…"

"It was not your fault Mark."

"I'm sorry… I love you…"

I sigh and gently kissed his tears away. I love him so much and it hurts me that he had a thought like that. If there is to be blamed, it would be Kang Mina. She's the reason for all of this and it may be bad to say, but I really loved the fact that she died.

"I don't want to lose you Mark. You and Minhyuck are the only family that I've got—"

"Your mom too, baby…"

"Oh." I sigh. "My mom, too…"

Yes. After that night happened, she went to us and just like any mother would, she got worried for me. She cried for me. And she got sad for her deceased husband.

Currently, she's living with us inside Mark's house since that is what Mark wanted—for me to be with my mom.

"Lee Donghyuck…" Mark calls out as he pushes me gently so I can see his smiling face. "I love you so much. And I'm sorry. I promise you, nothing like that won't happen again."

"Better not be." I pout and hug him again. "I love you so much Mark. More than everything."

"Hey… Minhyuck tripped!" He gasped and I was quick on my feet to run but Mark pulled me back. "Baby, let our son trip and make mistakes. He won't cry, look…"

Minhyuck stood up to my relief and wiped his bottom. He started running again and played with his friends. I sigh and plop back to Mark's wide and warm chest. I felt him wrap his arms around me and he let our fingers interwine.