Ten

"Are you ready?"

"I am." Donghyuck shakes his hands and blew hot breath into it.

"And yet you're shaking…" I replied with a breathy laugh.

He's been anticipating for this day, which includes me because I was with him almost everyday to study and teach him, and now it's finally here. The moment that he wants to win, to live adjacent to my apartment.

"It's cold, that's why." He rolled his eyes at me.

"When will you ever admit to what you feel?"

"Never." His lips were forced into a pout as I cup his cheeks. I kiss him, instantly.

"You'll be fine."

"What if I fail?"

I kissed him, again. "Then, it's fine."

"I can't live with you, then. My parents will degrade me again because I failed this thing. I can't have the freedom out of my house." He puffed out a long breath and nuzzle his head into the crook of my neck. "I'll be a failure."

"Hey," I chuckle. "You won't be a failure just by failing this science fair."

He shivers as he reluctantly grabbed my waist. I lift his head back up again and smile kindly.

"You're a strong baby, alright? Your parents degrading you, shouldn't hurt too much because you'll have me. Let's shrug it off, together."

"To be honest, I'm used to it as well." He huffed, then looked at the other contestants that was preparing for all the other contests in the science fair, as well. "But, I won't be able to live in that apartment—"

"So, what?" I raise a brow and chortle. "You can always come to my apartment, anyway. It's not necessary for you to live adjacent to mine."

"But…" He held my hand. "This won't be the last time we'll see each other right?"

"What do you mean?"

"I only asked this for a month, for you to teach me. And everything between us, should only last for a month, no?"

"Let's keep it going, then." I cackle and gently kiss his forehead. "Good luck."

I was about to kiss his lips again but then he stopped me.

"Let me have it when I win, later."

"Sure thing." I laugh and scoot away. "Congratulations."

"It didn't even start yet!"

"I'm sure, you'll win. You're smart enough, and you've studied more than you should. I'm confident that you can do it." I assure him. "Besides, you'll not be alone. You'll be a group of three, right?"

"With Jeno… and Renjun." He glared.

"Do you still feel bad about the other night?" I sigh. "I really didn't—"

"Quit it. I'm getting allergic to it."

"Then let's eat outside when you're done."

"Fine." He scoffed, and then groom himself up to prepare for when they're finally called.

Once he's done, we both walked out of the silent and empty room to go to the hall. Their names were flashed and the event's name were written on it, as well.

"International?"

"What?"

"It's an international competition?" I gasp loudly, making other people throw a glance at me. "Why didn't you tell me?"