Twenty

Nothing hurts more than seeing your mother having a white blanket over her head. Nothing hurts more than not seeing her taking her last breath. Nothing hurts more than this.

"M-Mom…" I call out in a cry.

"We're sorry for your loss, sir." The nurse breaths out in a sad voice while I'm left sobbing and letting them take my mom.

"H-How… did this even… h-happen so fast?" I sob loudly because I can't take the fact that my mom is gone.

She died while I was holding her hand last night. She died after seeing me. She died after having her last conversation with me. She died… and I wasn't able to tell her that… I love her so much for one last time.

Regrets are evading my chest.

"We're sorry." The doctor came in and sighs heavily. "When we had her brain scanned yesterday, we found out she has a Celebral Aneurysm."

"What?" I sob and wipe my tears away. "Aneurysm?"

He nods and held an envelope in front of me which I refuse to receive. "It is a bulge in a weak area of a blood vessel in her brain. When blood rushes into this bulge, the aneurysm stretches even further. It’s similar to how a balloon gets thinner and is more likely to pop as it fills with air. And in her case it was Ruptured Brain Aneurysm caused by high blood pressure. Her legs couldn't move when she was admitted her yesterday, which is a sign of stroke."

"Why didn't you tell me about it as soon as you found out, then?" I huff and agressively wipe my tears away before entangling my fingers in his collar. "I could've asked her to… get it treated, if only you reported it to me sooner. What kind of doctor are—"

"I understand your frustrations." He says kindly and I hate that tone now. He pushes me back, then and puff out a long breath.

I took a step back and groan in pain.

"But she did not want to have an operation and she decided not to—which could've been our only chance to save her. And your father signed the papers, only to fulfill your mother's request." He explains in a defeated voice. The revelation made me even more weak physically and mentally. "And Mark… even if she decided to have one, it is not guaranteed that she'll be one hundred percent safe during the operation and after."

"S-She… didn't tell me…" I sob and collapse on the ground.

"Your mother asked us not to made it mention to you. I'm really sorry for your loss." He tapped my back a few times and sigh. "Your father's waiting for you outside."

Fucker!

I storm out of the room and seek him. Once he's finally in my view, I ran to him with gritted teeth and grab both his collar.

"You fucking stupid fucker!"

"Lee Minhyung—"

"How could you just give her up like that?" I punch him achingly in madness. He collapsed on the floor and I made my way above him to fucking punch his annoying face.

"You could've asked for me about it!" I cry out. "B-Because she's just not your wife! S-She's my mother too!"

"I'm sorry, son—"

"What would your apology do?" I spit. "W-Would that… bring my mom back?"

"I'm so sorry…"

"I'm so sick of your apology!" I wail out even harder and stop punching to cry out in his face. "W-Why… did you let my mom… go… Just like that?"

"Mark…" My father breathes out while I sit on the side and hug both my legs in despair. I bury my face in between it and cry.

"W-Why didn't you fight for her life?" I groan with a loud cry. "Why?"