⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀viii. heaven.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

There was a beautiful thing about the in between of death and life. It wasn't darkness or light.

It wasn't images of her life flashing before her eyes.

It was an endless field. Long, tall, heavy grass towered for miles over, and at the end of it, a lake ran towards its quiet little pond. The sky was beautifully dark, but moonlight pooled beneath and above her so much that Tomi was able to see just fine.

There was wind in her hair, holding her hand, cradling her face. It felt a little like a lover's gentle kiss on her skin, where pain had long stopped to bloom.

Her insides were moss. Her lungs were healing with flowers. She was soft and she was a corpse, but she was not alone. Her eyes twinkled up at the moon, and she knew it was smiling back with a splendor and elegance none could deny. Beautiful and annihilating, both of them winked at the other like long time friends.

Golden tendrils of light seeped through the field gently, slowly slithering to her like light to its master. She recognized Gwendolyn before she appeared behind her, and she smiled as she heard her say the first word between life and death.

"Hello, Tomi."

"Is this heaven?" She asked, glancing around.

Gwendolyn hummed, thinking too deeply. Tomi thought it had to hurt to think this hard. "I suppose it is yours."

"I dont want to stay. Shouldn't heaven make me want to stay?"

She felt the warmth of the girl beside her approach, and the golden light that shadowed Tomi began to fade a little.

"It should make you want to rest."

"But I'm not ready to rest."

"I know."