⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀xvii. truth's spark.

chapter seventeen..
truth's spark

"The Face of Truth is covered
with a brilliant golden orb."

Tomi's breath had gone fleeting. One moment she'd been gulping air down like a madwoman having kept her head under water too long, and the other, she wasn't even able to hold oxygen in her lungs.

So, apparently the Cullens weren't a mafia...

But they were vampires.

"I need you to understand that this isn't something easy to process-" Alice started a bit too calmly, and Tomi had snapped long before her sentence could be finished.

"Get to it." She hadn't even tried to be so... rough with her voice, the bite in it undeniably sharp.

"Tomi, we.. Were vampires."

At first, Tomi laughed. She'd brushed it off and asked Alice to be serious because the situation was apparently very bad, but Jasper had sent her a look over his shoulder and from then on, her world had come crashing down.

It was utterly quiet in the car, and as Tomi peered out the window, she wondered what to ask─ what to say.

Her friends, Edward, Alice, Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper.... Vampires.

A part of her felt utterly foolish for not seeing it sooner. The Cullens were all abnormally pale and shared the same colour of eyes, even if they claimed to have been adopted. None of them, aside from Edward and Rosalie once, had ever been caught eating around her. Edward, on that day he had saved her from a car crash, had displayed such strength... She had known that it wasn't right, nothing in the world was right about Edward Cullen, but she'd been so blinded by her need for friendship and validation that she had decided to keep it locked inside her mind where no one else could find it.