⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀viii. back to shore.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Waking up tangled in sheets that smelled like a mix of midnight citrus and sweet pomegranates, Tomi blinked her eyes open, the darkness pooling about the room mixing with her soul deep within. It was the leftover moonlight shining on her skin, giddiness from the fleeting memory of spending her night with her family that filled her whole, trying to cover the anxiety it could reach for.

She rolled on her side, wrapping the comfortable comforters around her shoulder as she tried to rise from her laying position.

She didn't quite know what sort of familiarity had fallen here, in this bed. She hadn't, so to say, had so much time to call it home, neither to make it that, but waking up now, with both her mate's and her shadow's scents mixed as one in the stark white blankets... it was home. It smelled like home.

The girl tenderly placed a foot down on the cold wood slats, blinking down as she wiggled her toes awake. She smiled, softly so, the cold running up her legs similarly to Edward's touch.

She slowly got out of bed, still draped with the covers, and padded slowly through the neat room, making her way to the closed door.

Faintly, she could see the sun heating the blackout curtains that covered her windows, and for a single moment, her mind took her elsewhere.

In Arizona, when the mere action of opening her door had her skin burning because no one wanted to leave the blinds closed for her.

But as soon as the image came, it was gone, and just as quickly, the image of Edward always taking care of her drew above.

The idea was foolish. Arizona Tomi was finally gone. She had a support system that actually loved her, and even if she hadn't had that, she was strong enough now to endure her allergy. She had made herself resilient enough to deserve to be able to walk in the sun.

So with her hands lightly wrapped around the knob of the door, she opened it slowly. Darkness rushed through the room again, which humans could not have seen- but to Tomi it was waves and waves of small tendrils of tangible things she could use for herself if she wished.

Unsurprisingly, every curtain had been closed, and the living room, which she could see from here, along with the dining area and the kitchen, we're all bathed in peaceful, superficial night.