⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀vi. oath of fire.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Rosalie finally arrived at their Alaskan house an hour after that ordeal with Gwendolyn, carrying the file with such a tight grip that it had wrinkled at some corners.

Tomi was sat in the living room, her body held so tightly that she finally looked near what she was supposed to be- darkness, still within a storm, still within her panic. Still like the undead, like them.

Edward was standing at the fire, his body leaned back against the hearth, his legs crossed. Both looked like a couple of status, staring at emptiness. Waiting for something- anything.

"We've got something." Rosalie spoke as she broke through the archway, waving the file at her brother.

Tomi was first to react, shooting up from her spot to run to Rosalie. She snatched the file from her hands, a sorry and tired smile on her face, before letting the paper fly open in her hands.

She frowned at the information, coaxing Edward closer, who slid a hand onto her back and began reading over her shoulder.

"Eryn... exchanged his captivity for.. Gwendolyn?" She resumed the file in a quiet, quizzical voice.

"That doesn't make sense." Edward whispered, which quickly was interrupted by the sound of the other couple falling into the couch.

"What's that guy to her, anyway?" Emmett asked. "Girl really wanted that file."

Rosalie huffed a short laugh, which was not reciprocated by neither Tomi nor Edward.

"I don't think he was a captive." Edward finally shook off the unease that had fallen around the room, and then pointed at the second sentence written in gross, italic writing that seemed rush. "It says here he simply gave her, and then was promised... a drop of his case? Whatever that means."

"What kind of case does a teenage Alaskan boy have with the Volturi?" Rosalie scoffed, now frowning alike her sister.

Tomi tilted her head, and huffed a breath that was both annoyed and restless breath, which Edward immediately picked up on.