⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀xv. earth's laughter.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

chapter fifteen..
earth's laughter

"Tis by the heart the secret's told,
'Tis by the smile we're young or old,
'Tis as the life its joy shall hold,
It is the laugh reveals the soul."

Edward was straight as a blade in his chair, his thoughts roaming near the girl upstairs and his family sitting around him, his ears listening to her move about as she finally got comfortable in the guest room and to his father explain the situation to the rest of them, his body too tightly held that if any human was around it wouldn't be hard to guess his true nature.

"What's his name?" Jasper asked, busy twirling a small tooth pick between his teeth. Edward tried not to tune too far into his thoughts that had been merely under control these days with a human around, but it was futile effort when he knew they would soon overpower all of his other senses; the protective instinct to stop anything from harming Tomi, even if it meant shutting down his brother.

"James," Edward blinked at the fire uselessly, and wished he could let his eyes burn like the human's did. "He was with a troop of two other vampires until they got rid of him for compromising their position one too many times. He was in love with the girl, Victoria?" Edward shrugged. He wasn't sure about the name anymore. He'd been so focused on protecting Tomi that day at the paint shop that he hadn't dug too deep into the chaser's thoughts. "Still is, I think."