⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀iii. gwendolyn

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

♥︎ 𐀔ʾʾ

Gwendolyn, for many long, silent days, wondered how exactly she would heal from what she had done to save Tomi.

She did not regret... giving her the soul she had left. She'd robbed Eryn of it once before, she did not deserve her own, but it left her feeling a little empty. She realized now, that whatever was left in her, was just Eryn.

As much as she hated to admit it to herself, as much as she wanted to deny it- Eryn was the only part of her that was certain, correct, true.

He was the one thing she had left of herself, pf her past, and even if she tried to run from him, he was the one who knew her best, the one who, without a doubt, would be either her ruin or her salvation.

Between Tomi graduating, Shenny and Rêve and Lehada being done with their studies as well, there was little left for Gwendolyn to do but go looking for more Elementals.

Except- she found that she couldn't go on. Instead, she spent her days in her room. Spent her days staring into the fire of her own self burning, comfortable in the knowledge that perhaps this was better, this was what she deserved to be doing ; nothing at all.

She had put all of them at risk by going to seek the family out, by trying to convince them that she could help, and would build something good out of her experience.

And for that she would never forgive herself.

Some days, Gwendolyn even hated seeing Tomi. Not because there was any bad blood between them, but because Tomi was happy. She had been the one to win, in the end, and the one who had gotten it all. Gwendolyn had thought that Tomi needed her- but perhaps it had been the other way around.

During the brief time Gwendolyn got to be around Tomi, she realized that being around her was healing- it was good, to be around someone who could understand, even if not very deeply.

Even now, as she sat at the table with everyone present..

Tomi was the one who shone as if she should be called the Mother.

"No, absolutely not," Tomi let out a laugh that made Gwendolyn's insides pinch. "I am not doing that."

"Oh come on." Eryn teased from the other side of the table, manspreading on his chair lazily, as if he was trying to showcase how relaxed he was. Gwendolyn could tell it was a cover for something else, though. His jaw had been tight all night, and his hand hadn't left his own thigh for a little, his nails digging into the fabric of his slacks. "Just a little game of sunball."