⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀xi. both afraid and unafraid.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Lehada was glancing across the room when Gwendolyn felt him.

She felt the cluster of hair at the nape of her neck rise--- and then she felt the shift of her orbit within that broke into two parts. One towards the Elementals at the table, and the second towards him.

"How rude." His voice came nearly seconds after the feelings had bloomed, his large hands landing so near, right on Lehada's shoulder. "Didn't think to invite the rest of, sis?"

Lehada raised her eyes towards him, her dark brown cheeks turning a shade of ripe cherries--- which was the prettiest color Gwendolyn had ever seen.

"You're an asshole, Eryn," the words surprised most of them, because if anyone was shy and stuttery, it was Lehada. Yet, all those words had been clear and precise and more than confident. "I.. just.. I didn't want you to ruin this."

"Ouch." Eryn rolled his eyes at her, before scrapping a chair along the floor and plopping down in between Gwendolyn and Lehada like a barrier. "I can be nice, see?" He tossed Tomi a burger, and gave her a smile that had Edward tilting his head curiously in his seat.

The two mates, Tomi and Edward, shared a look. While Tomi wasn't looking for validation, and Edward knew that, he nodded slightly, a funny little smirk on his face.

Just what the two were up to, Gwendolyn could not tell. They both were a mystery.

"If you think a burger is gonna buy you out of this.." Tomi trailed off, ticking her tongue at him teasingly.

Eryn gave her a twinkling, all-knowing shit-eating grin back. A moment passed in which his lips fell on his face and he turned to his other family members who stood behind him (Shenny and Will) to gesture for them to sit.

Shenny, with her cold and always elegant attitude, took the spot next to Edward, and Will went in between Rêve and Lehada.

"So," Eryn watched as Tomi took her first bite, smiling when she swallowed and did not feel guilty for it. "Rumor is that you killed Aro."