⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀xiii. goddess in light.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

The next day, Edward had dragged Tomi back to their bed and then asked her to keep him company at school so he wouldn't be alone--- meaning that Gwendolyn would be alone at the archives, looking for any clues on her family.

Tomi agreed only because she knew that Gwendolyn needed some time alone to get through her denial, and then she also had an important exam to get to.

"Urgh," Lehada groaned at her bag, and then shoved it back properly on her shoulder when the thing she was glaring at inside it finally was silenced.

"What's wrong?" Tomi asked, her own tote bag in the crook of her forearm.

"It's just Will. He's spamming my phone."

Tomi, toying with the wedding ring on her finger, hummed in a sort of question. "Why?"

"Oh, I don't know." She closed her eyes, and then opened them again to glance at Tomi. She was blushing--- not something that was irregular for her, but today it was different. For different reasons then her usual, stammering embarrassment. "Okay. I do know. But.."

"It's okay," Tomi reassured her, stalling in the now empty hallway. "You can tell me."

"He doesn't like me hanging out with you." Lehada confessed, staring at anywhere but Tomi's face as she said the few hurtful words.

"Oh." Tomi pretended not to be hurt, though, schooling her face into nothing more then a bored smile. She couldn't quite understand what she, herself, had to do with all of this--- when she realized that her connection to Gwendolyn was probably the sole reason why Will had decided he didn't like her. After all, he was the same person who had decided not to believe in the Mother of all Elementals. "I mean, I kind of expected that after Friday night."

"Really, he's not usually like this--- Shenny either.. They're just scared."

Tomi's bubble lips tightened on her face, before flattening all together into an hesitant line. She nodded, then, trying to swallow her pride and anger. Hadn't they explained to them, Friday, what they had went through? The reason behind all of this?