⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀xix. welcome, death.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

The next day, after Tomi did her turn of watch, she came down the roof and went to Gwendolyn and Eryn, who waited for her in the Prairie, far off from where the group camped

The next day, after Tomi did her turn of watch, she came down the roof and went to Gwendolyn and Eryn, who waited for her in the Prairie, far off from where the group camped. Edward came to her halfway, and they hiked the rest of the way to them hand in hand as if they feared they'd loose each other.

"Hey," Gwendolyn greeted vaguely as they arrived, her eyes squinted against the sun.

"Hi," Tomi mumbled back. "Whyre you coming along?" She asked, a hand shielding her face from the sun.

"Does it bother you?"

"No," Tomi said slowly, not wanting to look too eager or too far off either. "I just didn't think... I mean, are you okay, wings and all?"

"Eryn," Gwendolyn hissed the name between her teeth as though it hurt her to say it, "Will be carrying me."

"Oh." Tomi stole a glance at Eryn. To his credit, he did not look like an overexcited dog looking at its bone. "Okay. Where are we going?"

"Were going as far north as we can. Throw off our signature. I think leading them south would have them walk through the prairie, and that would be far too near. Can't risk that." Eryn explained, pointing with his fingers as though Tomi was a child with no concept of North and South.

She nodded, though, and relaxed as her mate ran a thumb against her elbow gently.

"I'll stay on the ground to keep my signature faint. Creating wings right now would lead them right to us." Tomi reminded him, which gained her a look from him that told her he was biting his tongue. "You take to the skies. Signal us if there's anything ahead."

"Yes boss." Eryn gave her a childish little smirk, and slipped a hand around Gwendolyn's middle. Before she could protest or grumble, they were shooting right up.