⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀xiv. budding of fear.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

chapter fourteen..
budding of fear.

"We struggle to have meaning
in this world, which we all know.
We try, but yet we wonder
where we all should go"

Before neither of the teenagers could sputter more confused words at each other, a voice was calling from the living room and Bella's form was appearing beside the unknown man.

"Tomi." Bella spat viciously, her eyes narrowing as she wrapped an arm around the tan teenage boy's middle.

"Who is this?" She managed to ask, her head thumping.

"This is Jacob. We were just leaving for the res, which you're not invited to, by the way. Anyone with the Cullen should know to stay away from them," Bella's snarkiness came back with a tender smile that was everything but nice. "And from me, since I am part of them. So I hope you're here to move out."

Alice stepped forward, and though Bella took a stuttering step back, Jacob only grimaced in some sort of threatening way and pushed his chest outwards. "Yeah- yeah, so, stay away, Cullen." Jacob snarled.

"Watch your mouth, mongrel." Alice hissed, her voice more feral than what Tomi or Bella had ever had the chance of hearing.

Jacob blinked down at Alice, as if confused, and Alice wrinkled her preciously small nose at him, baring her teeth in turn.