⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀iv. shadow & light.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

"This is my number," Hada finished typing the digits into Tomi's phone, giving a little shy smile as she gave it back with a gentle twirl of her hand. Turns out Tomi had been right, because Hada was definitely going to be a good friend of hers, considering how sweet and caring the girl was and how much fun they'd had talking during class.

"Cool, thank you so much."

"Of course. I'm always available if you need.. anything. I know it can be hard to feel isolated."

Tomi knew she meant it, so when Edward and her looped at the arm, she gave Hada the warmest smile she could get herself to make and gave her elbow a friendly squeeze as goodbye.

They met with Gwen who was waiting at the car outside, leaning against it as she chewed on gum.

"So?" She cocked a brow at them.

Edward and Tomi exchanged an excited glance. "Lehada. The girl with scars on her neck. Tomi got her number."

Gwendolyn's face didn't shift─ it remained cold as ice and rough as weatherworn stone, like she was hewn from flames and earth and wind. But, the left corner of her lips jerked, and she opened her mouth to speak. "Good job, girl."

Tomi gave a wavering smile, pride festering deep inside of her. "Thanks."

"Few more to go." Gwendolyn huffed, realistically seeing the situation from high, before sliding inside the car and returning to her own stoic self.

Edward kissed the crown of her head gently, helping her inside the backseat. "Proud of you." He muttered against her skin before sitting himself beside her, flush against her skin.