⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀vi. breaking, startling, painting.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀

chapter six

chapter six..

breaking, startling, painting.

"a painting is a person
cast between their light
and a canvas."

Tomi momentarily looked up at Edward, searching for the right words to thank him for what he'd done for her earlier

Tomi momentarily looked up at Edward, searching for the right words to thank him for what he'd done for her earlier. She ransacked her mind, quickly, furious at herself for not finding something better than a bland thank you. There were not enough of them - words - to express how truly thankful she was to him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice soft and so genuinely worried it had her cheeks burning like wildfires.

She didn't get why and how Edward had that effect on her. Every time she saw him, everytime he spoke to her, it was like something was having its fun tugging at her heartstrings─ cruel want and need mixing into a reckless storm in the pit of her stomach.

"I, uhm─ I wanted to say thank you. And I know these words are clearly too little to express how grateful I am but I just wanted you to know that─"

Before she could finish her sentence, Edward grabbed her arm and pulled Tomi close into a hug, so tight she wasn't sure she was breathing.

Without being able to stop herself, she wrapped two long arms around him and eased into his cold chest. It was an old recall of when they'd been together in the parking lot, skin against skin, arms holding onto each other for dearest life.