⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀‎‎ix. quiet bonding.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Later, when Tomi and Edward came back home drunk on their love, Gwendolyn was still on the same spot in the couch, craddling herself in her long and elegantly shaped arms. When Ed went to run her a bath to get rid of the sweat plaguing her skin whole after dancing so long with him, not seeing the time go by, Tomi went to Gwendolyn.

She was still in her rest, so, so inhumanly beautiful even with her lips parted open, even with the dried tears on her face, even with the small tiny tremble of her lashes on her cheeks that looked anything but adult, immortal. A part of Tomi was glad, that Gwendolyn had not stopped eating and instead had persisted in her efforts to keep any sort of food down. Fat had begun to grow back around her bones, making her look as beautiful has she had been in Tomi death's landscape.

Tomi ran a careful hand atop her head, though it was all that the girl needed to jerk awake, her eyes flitting open with fear that she wasnt safe or had suddenly flone back to the past, where sleep was not an option to ever consider if she wanted to keep her blood or her pride.

The look in her eyes brought Tomi memories of being scared to heal, of being scared to fall for Edward and all of his family in turn, but it was darker, deeper. It was a fear not even Tomi had felt in her days, even in death, because at least in death, she'd had a friend. She'd always had someone to soothe the ache, someone to lead her back to the light where she belonged.

Gwendolyn was alone. She had no one but herself in her mind, in that prison she'd built for her soul and heart, and Tomi was unaware, completely lost, on how she was supposed to take down that guard of hers.

She calmed only when she recognized Tomi, falling back against the couch with a loud, shaky breath.

"Tomi." She said her name as if she was glad it was only her, and not one of the Volturi come to take her blood, or someone trying to wake her up so she could steal the essence of the people she had been made to protect and nurture. Tomi had never stopped to wonder how that might affect her. How it must have been for her to spend her days locked up, kept in the dark, only to be let out to hurt people she was supposed to love and help through their rough transition.