Ch-18: 𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸 (𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙎𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙨)

As November soon turned into December, the end of term finally arrived as Braedey now packed his stuff for the Christmas holidays, and his trip to the Russo's home in New York City. Braedey had already sent a letter via Ruby to his uncle Franklin to tell him what was going on. Terry too was going as Roger, Cho, Penelope, and Samuel were staying up at Hogwarts for Christmas this year.

"So, how are you gonna get all the way to New York City? It's literally on the other side of the world." Terry asked to his best friend as the two walked towards the entrance hall of the castle.

"We use a portkey. Franklin taught me that spell once I was a teenager. And now; considering I'm now a teen, it's the start of a journey of a new me." Braedey answered back as he clearly remembered how to say the spell. "I just can't wait to see Jasmine."

"I can tell. You're smiling more today, you're more active, and you're clearly excited." Terry pointed out. "I mean, the Russos are at Ilvermorny, and you're over at Hogwarts. Makes sense."

"I've also got my gear." Braedey said as he then held up a brick. "Something to blend in."

"That's just a brick." Terry said bluntly.

"Exactly the point." Braedey smirked as he then spots Harry, Ron and Hermione approaching the two Ravenclaws. "See you three haven't packed."

"See you have." Ron pointed to the American's trunk, Redwing's cage and boombox. "Off to New York?"

"Yeah. I'll be in the Big Apple this Christmas. You three be very careful, okay?" Braedey nodded his head once.

"We'll be fine, Braedey. Have fun in New York." Harry reassured with a smile as the two do their secret handshake.

"Tell me everything when you get back." Hermione said as she proceeded to hug the American hybrid before kissing him on the cheek, catching Braedey by surprise yet again. "Merry Christmas."

Braedey quickly walked off with Terry, lightly touching his cheek where Hermione's lips made contact. Terry's eyes were wide as saucers as his mouth was open as well. "Dude. Hermione kissed you. On the cheek! You've gotta date her."

"Terry, I don't think I'm ready. Maybe third year once this Chamber Of Secrets mess is dealt with." Braedey shook his head as the two Ravenclaws exit the castle.

After bidding farewell to Terry, Braedey headed to a secluded area close by to Hogsmeade train station. The American brandished his wand and aimed it at the brick. "Portus."

The brick shook for a few moments as it changed into a portkey with the destination set for the Russo home up in New York City. When the departure time just seconds later, Braedey felt an invisible hook attach to him before the familiar landscape of Hogwarts vanished as he was spinning. Braedey smiled as he laughed a few times... before arriving at his destination.

"OW! GODDAMN IT!"

Unfortunately, the destination was a storage cupboard in one of New York's subway stations. Braedey slipped out of the cupboard, unbeknownst to the No-Majs, and he proceeded to climb up the stairs up to street level with both his trunk and Ruby in his cage.

On the way to Russo's home, Braedey now noticed New York City was in full Christmas mode, with trees put up, Christmas lights dazzling on every street and Central Park as well, and Christmas songs playing on radios.