Ch-24: 𝗞𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗕𝘂𝘀 & 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘆 𝗖𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗻 (𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝘼𝙯𝙠𝙖𝙗𝙖𝙣)

Previously...

"What're we going to do?" Harry asked sadly.

"What are you talking about?" Braedey narrowed his eyes in confusion.

"We're stranded." Harry sighed.

"Who said we were stranded?" Braedey replied as he stuck his wand arm out to signal something.

Seconds later, the horn of a vehicle could be heard. A moment goes by, then a triple decker, bright purple bus appeared out of thin air as it whizzed around the corner before coming a stop. White letters on the front of the bus say; 'The Knight Bus.'

The Knight Bus is a triple-decker, purple AEC Regent III RT bus. Braedey has heard of this bus before. It an emergency transport for any stranded witch or wizard, and although him and Harry weren't exactly stranded, it was an emergency.

They were being hunted.

~*~*~

As the Knight Bus came to a stop with a hiss of its brakes in front of Braedey and Harry, a man in purple stood at the entrance, examining a paper.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus. Emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike," The man pointed to his name tag. "And I will be your conductor for this evening." After reading from the card and putting it away, he looked around as he then caught sight of Harry on the ground. "What are you doin' down there?" He asked.

"Fell over." Harry replied as Braedey then proceeded to help Harry back onto his feet.

"Whatchu fall over for?" Stan sniggered.

"Hey, relax, buddy. He didn't do it on purpose." Braedey said in annoyance.

"Well, come on then. Let's not wait for the grass to grow." Stan told the two teenage boys.

Braedey and Harry both they look back at the bush where they both saw the black dog and the black panther just a couple of minutes earlier. They were gone.

"Watchu lookin at?" Stan asked behind them, looking in the same direction as Harry and Braedey are.

"Nothing." Harry said.

"Well, come on then. In." Stan said. Harry reached for his luggage, as did Braedey. "No, no, no. I'll get this. You two get in. Come on." Stan groaned as he started to lift up the two trunks while Harry and Braedey stepped onboard.

Inside the Knight Bus, there are beds, curtained windows and candles burning in brackets beside each bed. There was even a chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

"Come on. Move on, move on." Stan called.

"So sorry." Braedey mumbled as he and Harry found an empty bed at the front of the bus, closest to the driver.

Stan clicked a machine around his chest twice and gave each of of the two wizards a blank ticket as he then knocked on the window. "Take her away, Ern."

"Yeah, take it away, Ernie." A shrunken head with a Jamaican accent said from the front of the bus. "It's going to be a bumpy ride." It then laughed like hell.

Suddenly, the Knight Bus shot forward like a rocket, and Harry and Braedey were thrown back onto their bed. Braedey held on for dear life as the bus rocketed on past traffic and sped around corners like a racecar, the beds sliding all over the floor and the chandelier swinging in all different directions. Stan and the sleeping witch appeared unbothered by it.