Ch-23: 𝗨𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗲 (𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝘼𝙯𝙠𝙖𝙗𝙖𝙣)

Night had fallen across New York City, the skyscrapers now lighting up as the sounds of traffic and horns continued to blare into the night with no end in sight. New York has another nickname; 'The City That Never Sleeps.' And this is one of the reasons why it got that name.

Braedey, meanwhile, was at the Russo home, hanging out with Rex and Jasmine Russo as the three were watching something on the TV called 'Modern Family,' while the descendant of Merlin was looking out of the window for any sign of the weather he needed for a special occasion.

Braedey's uncle Franklin was with a group comprising of both Ministry Of Magic and MACUSA Aurors in Europe, on the hunt for The Woman In Black, who was spotted near a small village in Italy. Don't know why though? He left two days before Braedey came back from Hogwarts, so he travelled to New York City to stay with the Russos for the summer, with his great aunt Queenie Goldstein for company.

Meanwhile, Braedey had been talking to Hermione non-stop, and sending letters to each, so has Hope as it was revealed at the end of his second year that Hope was the love interest for Braedey's second incarnation during the age of Arthur and Merlin.

Speaking of the Russo children, the two were in a competition, the winner would become the next family wizard and keep their powers, the losers unfortunately would lose their powers for good. But since the Russos were using Generation One wands, they would lose only their Generation Two abilities.

Braedey now started to think about his friends and what they were up to over the summer holidays. Harry Potter was writing to the hybrid every few days, and telling him about what was going down with the British scums: The Dursleys. Damon got a couple of MACUSA aurors to secretly watching over the Dursley house, and they would inform Braedey of any developments. Ron Weasley meanwhile had struck gold, like the gold rush of the 1800s. His dad, Arthur had won the Grand Galleon Prize Draw, and his family were up in Egypt on vacation, home of Egyptian gods and mummies. The rest of the money would go to buy Ron's new wand.

As for his fellow Ravenclaws, Penelope Clearwater was named the new Head Girl in time for her 7th and final year at Hogwarts. Braedey was really going to miss her; she was one of the first people to welcome him into the Ravenclaw house. And his best friend, Terry Boot was in San Francisco on vacation as well before he starts his third year at Hogwarts.

Roger Davies meanwhile was devising for the next Quidditch season since the previous one was called off due to the Basilisk attack. The last time they spoke, Roger was very confident that this was Ravenclaw's season.

"Hey, Braedey, can I have a chat out here?" Jerry whispered from outside.

Braedey quickly got out onto the balcony to see just Jerry standing there, waiting for him. "Hey, Jerry. What's going on?"

"Braedey, ever since we first met, I've treated like you were one of us, even though we were different families. I couldn't be more prouder then how far you have come so far." Jerry told the hybrid with a smile on his face. That was true, the Ravenclaw was excepted as one of their own but why?

"Yeah, but I'm kind of lost here." Braedey raised an eyebrow.

"Okay." Jerry cleared his throat. "When Naomi gave birth to you, myself and few other relatives and people came to see you. And then, she named who was to be the godfather and godmother, should anything happen to her."

"Yeah, who then?" Braedey questioned.

Jerry then took a deep breath for what he's about to say next. "Well, Braedey... I'm your godfather."

Braedey's mouth dropped to the floor, his eyes widening in complete shock and surprise, trying to process the news. Jerry Russo was his godfather?!