Ch-43: 𝗘𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗥𝗶𝘁𝗮 𝗦𝗸𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿 (𝙂𝙤𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙚)

19TH JANUARY 2015

As 2014 turned into 2015, the news regarding what happened at the Yule Ball was still in the air, yet the biggest story was Braedey and Jasmine are officially dating, thanks to Rex, who yelled out the news jus before midnight.

Still, Hermione was over in the Infirmary, with Snape and Flitwick keeping an eye on her in case she tries to escape and causes more trouble. Rita Skeeter, meanwhile, had disappeared altogether, she said goodbye to no one and just left.

Or did she?

~*~*~

Braedey entered the boys dormitories, looking around for anyone, but fortunately. no one was there. He then walked over to a freezer which was placed in the middle of the dormitory and disguised as a table.

Braedey opens the freezer and smiles to himself. "Sorry, Rita. You should've cooled off when you had the opportunity."

Braedey closed the freezer as Roger entered the room. "Hey, Flitwick's requested our presence in the hospital wing."

"Why's that?" Braedey asked.

"Hermione's awake. But here's the thing; she cannot remember anything after the champions were selected from the Goblet of Fire. Hermione needs a proper catchup." Roger explained to him.

"Oh, and I need to report to the professors. About Rita. You'll find out, c'mon." Braedey said as he and Roger start heading the infirmary.

When they arrived, they saw Hermione, along with McGonagall, Flitwick, Dumbledore and Snape, who were already there and waiting for them.

Hermione noticed the two as she sat up in bed. "Hi, Braedey, Roger."

"Hey, Hermione." Both Ravenclaws greeted back. "How you feeling, Hermione?" Braedey now asked.

"Much better after whatever happened to me." Hermione scratches her head. "I can't remember what happened after the champions were chosen. Care to catch me up?"

"Well, two things have happened. First off, I tamed a Scottish Stormcutter during the First Task, which has already happened. Secondly, Jasmine has confessed her feelings during the Yule Ball last month." Braedey caught Hermione up to speed over what's happened.

Hermione was very shocked to her heart: Braedey had tamed a Scottish Stormcutter, a feat that was thought to be impossible to do, and Jasmine had confessed her feelings to her friend.

Hermione unexpectedly smiled. "It's about time."

"What? You're not... not angry with me at all?" Braedey was very surprised by how calm Hermione is right now. She wasn't angry or being the way she was at the Yule Ball.

"I'm not angry. I'm happy for you." Hermione smiled back to him. "And after thinking about it, I think it's best that we stay friends."

Braedey nodded his head. "Good to have you back, Hermione." He then turns to the professors. "So, what might be the cause of what happened at the hall, Snape?"

"It appears that Hermione had been drugged after the champions selection. A mixture of a potion that brings out a person's biggest desire, including a love potion." Snape explained.

Roger whistled in reaction. "Very nasty. That can make any person go berserk and cause a disaster."

"Who would do such a thing?" McGonagall now demanded.

"Well, I might know who: a woman who has blonde curls and purple glasses." Hermione spoke out.

Braedey and Roger looked at each other. "Rita Skeeter!"