Shelter

I've honestly read a few creative ones than this but still, hope you like it! Wrote this on laptop and didn't expect it to be this long honestly. Also, I have an account in AO3 so if you're interested to read more about elemental sibling AU find me and my username is Aquadextrous. ;)

Hey hey hey it's your girl Aqua/Bee! So your notifs will blow up for a while since I'm posting from the very beginning so please bear with me till I get to the much-awaited part 2 of Cahaya and Api. That's all and well, you can re-read and comment and I'll make sure to get back to you!

Happy reading!

In a certain household, the door opened for seven bodies to pile through the house.

First was a beat-up Angin, holding an ice pack to his swollen cheek and looking weary than usual, signature smile absent for once. His clothes were shredded in some places, and his hat was charred from the battle earlier. His eyelids drooped more than once since he was worn out, but he always woke himself up before he hit the ground cold.

Api came next, a displeased expression on his face. Unlike the wind elemental, he wasn't beaten up so bad but the battle had been so long that it made him moody and more temperamental. On his back was an unconscious Cahaya, his arms dangling lifelessly and his chin propped on the fire elemental's shoulder from overworking his power. When Api made to ensure he was still breathing, his face softened into one of pain and guilt, remembering how he gave his all to defeat the enemy.

Air had his arm slung around Daun's shoulder, a bad sprain on his ankle. He had moved too fast and too hard, wanting to shield his brothers from the onslaught of attacks that even Tanah didn't notice. Due to his haste, he twisted his ankle and held in the pain for as long as he could before finally sinking to his knees, Daun offering to assist him all the way home. Air thought of refusing, but Daun looked so eager and helpful that he didn't have the heart to refuse.

By the end of the gang was Petir, who stomped through the house with his scowl deeper than usual as he tried to block Tanah's incessant nagging from behind him.

"For the last time, I did what I had to so I could protect you all," he gritted out, slamming a hand against the wall in a show of annoyance rather than exhaustion, not wanting to succumb yet to unconsciousness since everyone wasn't in good shape.

Tanah came in the house last, face contorted into a mixture of anger and exasperation as he slammed the front door closed with more force than necessary. His other brothers had retreated to the living room, waiting for them and the first-aid kits.

They had this practice where every after battle, all of them would gather in the living room to get their injuries treated and sorted out. Tanah would usually come with their first-aid kits, and everyone would help each other wrap bandages or apply antiseptic to cuts, wounds, and the like.

But now it was getting delayed as Tanah continued to scold Petir just by the front door.

"You could have been critically injured! You could have shattered bones beyond repair!" Tanah was saying as he walked to the medicine cabinet to retrieve their medical supplies, Petir grudgingly helping him. "What are we to do if the situation gets that bad?"

Petir rolled his eyes and decided not to answer, carrying gauze bandages and making his way to Api, who had a bleeding head and was ignoring it in favor of getting Cahaya comfortable on the couch, where Daun was also depositing Air.

Petir held Api by the shoulder, the fire elemental turning to him in question.

"Sit down, crazy jerk. Let me bandage your head."

Api scowled at the nickname but complied anyway, sinking on the nearest comfy chair. Petir crouched down to his height, working on cleaning the wound gently.