anger (Pt. 1)

Api was mad. It was a usual emotion he experienced and expressed at any given opportunity but this time he believes he had a valid reason for lashing out and saying the things he said.

And who else would be the receiver of his pent-up frustrations but his dearest twin who could control water? Yes, his total opposite.

Api wasted no time rounding on Air when they reached home after a fierce battle with a small elite organization which had captured a few Power Spheres.

"I can't believe you!"

Air only blinked slowly.

"Why?"

Ugh of course he'd act all disinterested and nonchalant. Other times Api would be amused. Tonight he was irritated at such a reaction.

"All you had to do was meet me in the middle so we could form a combo. Why you'd be late to jumping towards me boggles my mind, honestly."

Air raised a brow. "Is this about how I was late to—"

"DUH what else would it be huh?" snapped Api.

Air scowled this time. Good; at least he was showing another reaction.

"No need to shout, Api. We're in perfect hearing distance from each other."

Api exhaled through his nose and outright glared at his twin.

"I just don't understand why you'd be late. What were you doing, huh? Acting all slow again even when we're in a heated battle?" He poked Air's forehead multiple times. Api planted his hands on his hips and gave him a disapproving frown. "Haish. You could've at least arrived at a good time but no, you were out doing whatever. I asked what you were doing why aren't you answering me huh?"

Air pursed his lips, eyes narrowed and somehow icy as they stared Api down. When he spoke it was in calm and composed tone but Api could tell that underneath was thinly veiled coldness and briskness to it.

"Well since you asked I'll answer. But you're too busy running your mouth so why don't you let me speak for once? Can you do that, Api? Just a second?"

Flames almost immediately erupted in his palms but Api forced himself to calm so he wouldn't inadvertently burn the house down. One glance at their surroundings told him it wouldn't be good if he exploded in the front lawn. He seethed, clenching his fists and jaw. He nodded curtly.

"All right fine you'll get your stupid chance right now so talk before I burn your hair."

"I was preoccupied—"

"There you go again! Why can't you just admit you were lazy? It's all your fault!"

Air scoffed and pointed to himself.

"My fault? How is it only my fault when I was trying to—oh excuse me... SAVE YOU FROM BEING KILLED LIKE A RAGDOLL?!" Air screamed, prodding Api's chest.

"No, you did that on yourself!" Api shoved him back. "I got on my cue and you missed yours. I did nothing wrong."

"No what you did wrong was you acted on impulse and expected me to respond accordingly without a cue or hint." Air sighed. "Well newsflash: even though we're twins I'm still my own person."

"You should've been able to sense me anyway! I trusted you!"

"Yes I know but please remember not all of us revolves around you."

"No I don't care about the others; what I care is how you should respond to me."

Why won't Air back down and just admit he was wrong? Was it so hard to lower your pride and apologize? Api couldn't understand.