Late Nights

This is for the BoYa fans out there~

A yawn ripped through the boy's mouth, shuffling about in his bed and stretching before deciding to sit up.

He blinked bleary eyes awake, trying to bring back feeling into his whole body.

All the while his stomach grumbled, Boboiboy patting it as a means to console it before shedding the blankets and hoisting himself to his feet.

It was dark as it was past midnight and he was hungry. Yes, an ungodly hour to be awake at but he was sure people stayed up late till 3am so it wasn't anything unusual.

For TAPOPS agents, it was rare to get some sleep as their days consisted of rescuing power spheres and defeating evil aliens who wanted to misuse the power spheres for their own greedy purposes.

Don't get Boboiboy wrong, he loved being out there in the action and using his abilities for the greater good but he was a boy, too. He had feelings and urges and he's not perfect. Sometimes he wished he was back home with Tok Aba, helping him with the shop and hanging out with his friends like most fourteen-year-olds.

But this was the life he chose. He wanted to save people and protect them from evil. He wanted to be with Ochobot and his friends wanted to be with him, too.

Looking out the window and seeing the countless stars in the galaxy, Boboiboy smiled. At least he was still able to find some peace, however infrequent it was.

He ignored his sleeping roommate who snored the night away, quietly closing the door and making his way to the kitchens where he knew the alien staff left some goodies for the all-nighters.

At least there was a system like that.

Boboiboy pushed open the doors and saw a figure alone by a table.

He couldn't be too sure who it was as they had their back turned but it looked small and feminine, so he assumed it must be a girl.

Stomach still protesting loudly, Boboiboy patted it again and went toward the person.

"Hi."

The other startled and whirled around, revealing familiar brown eyes and features.

Yaya Yah.

Her wide eyes went back to their normal size as she relaxed, the fight and tension leaving her body at the knowledge she was in the presence of someone trusted and well-known.

Boboiboy chuckled nervously as he slid in the seat on Yaya's left, bowing slightly.

"Sorry if I scared you," he said. "I didn't think anyone would be awake at this time."

Yaya smiled, leaning on one side as she played with her fingers.

"Neither did I and yet here we are."

They shared a quiet laugh, Yaya leaning on her arm which she had propped on the table.

"What brings you here?"

"I woke up since I'm hungry," Yaya replied. "Ironically I'm here without food in front of me."

Boboiboy looked at the table and saw indeed how the table was bare of anything except their arms.

He laughed sleepily.

"I'm hungry too actually." He looked around, the kitchen quiet but lit by a few ceiling lights. "Wanna look around and see if we can eat something?"

Yaya nodded, standing and starting to look around.

Boboiboy saw how she was in pink striped pajamas, her feet encased in pink bunny slippers. She was still wearing her hijab, which wrapped around her head carefully with the rest of the material hanging over her shoulders and giving her a sort of style. It was cute.