Protocols

Just a glimpse in their daily life during the pandemic since why not ^_^

The doorbell rang and all the occupants in the house immediately stopped what they were doing and stood away from the door, the machines built by Solar whirring around outside and spraying alcohol and disinfectant on the two people outside.

"I'm coming in first!" Quake's voice called out and soon the door was opened, Quake removing his shoes and padding barefoot quickly up the stairs. Removing his mask he added, "No one touch the groceries till Storm and I disinfect them!"

"Roger!" Ice called, Thorn huddling close to him.

"Q all gone?" came Thunderstorm's voice from outside.

"Yeah you're in the clear, Thundy!" Cyclone answered, Blaze behind him.

Soon their eldest brother appeared also wearing a mask, bounding toward the stairs in large strides. "Same warning as Quake: everyone stay away from the groceries and keep a meter from us both till we get our bath!"

"Yeah yeah you don't have to waste your breath," Blaze couldn't help but snark back, Thunderstorm growling his way and shooting daggers until he disappeared to the second floor.

Solar sighed and shook his head, turning to Blaze then.

"You didn't have to get all smart with Thunder, idiot-face. They were trying to protect us from the virus. Get that through your thick skull, yeah?"

"Hey I knew why they were doing that; he just didn't need to sound like a broken record."

Ice frowned and held them both back.

"You're both annoying, shut up and wait quietly till they both return from their baths." He turned to Cyclone then. "Your clothes are segregated, right? From just the usual house clothes to the ones that were exposed outside?"

Cyclone nodded readily, determined expression on his normally bright face.

"Yup, all sorted out. We even labeled them to be sure so they should be fine."

"That's good," Thorn sighed.

A couple minutes later Quake and Thunderstorm emerged from the stairs all fresh from their respective baths. They shot warning looks at the five, especially the trio troublemakers who shrank back and hid behind Ice and Solar.

Thunderstorm handed Quake the disinfectant and a cloth, the latter receiving it with a hum and proceeding to wipe all their groceries before handing it to Thunderstorm, who handed it to Cyclone who placed the items on the counter.

They had a system like that. Two brothers (usually Quake and/or Thunderstorm was in the mix) would do the shopping for necessities like food, toothpaste, Thorn's fertilizer, and rolls of tissue paper. When the pandemic hit Solar immediately went to work and had come up with an invention that would spray disinfectant to anyone standing on the 'welcome' mat outside. He had worked on perfecting it for almost a month and wasn't faulty after being tested by at least three hundred times.

The two brothers who had gone shopping would disinfect the items and pass them to a third brother after the mandatory bath.

The five brothers inside all had a place in the house so the groceries would be divided accordingly. One would be assigned for putting food in the cabinets, one would be for the food for the fridge. A third was responsible for anything needed in the bathroom like soap and yet another would take all the personal items bought like clothes or additional underwear. The last brother was in charge of making sure all the items were disinfected and distributed accordingly.

"Everything inside?" Blaze said, taking the role of the monitor today. His eyes darted around and to the empty grocery bags Quake was holding before deeming everything done. He nodded in satisfaction. "Yup, we're done for the day."

The seven of them cheered for another job well done, whooping for joy and exclaiming, "Yes!"

"All right great job, team," Quake said with a smile, hands on hips. "Now all you have to do is wash your hands."

"For twenty seconds," Thorn said. "Like the tune of 'happy birthday', right?"

"Yep," Cyclone agreed, nodding.

With that, the five of them dispersed to wash their hands, as Quake instructed.

==

"HACHOO!"

Everyone stepped back from Thorn the second he released the sneeze, their eyes wide and fearful as they clung to the wall, Cyclone whimpering and Blaze muttering a prayer under his breath.

Thorn made to wipe his runny nose with the back of his hand when Ice hollered, "STOP!" which made all six of them turn to him with curiosity and shock. "Don't you dare touch your nose, Thorn."

"Activate disinfectants toward living room," Solar said to his Power Watch, a hatch opening up on the ceiling to give way to a shower head that promptly sprayed his twin in disinfectant, the other six closing their eyes as they heard Thorn sputter and cough violently. "Hmm seems the pressure needs to be adjusted."

"You think?" Blaze snarked.

Solar shot him a glare before continuing to say in his Power Watch, "Hand sanitizers and alcohol on display to the wall."

From the wall they were leaning on, out protruded little pumps that clearly held hand sanitizers and numerous alcohols, which the brothers immediately acted upon. All these were obviously made and operated by Solar, which he took some time to perfect if only for this pandemic.

As the hatch closed up and the wall returned to its original setting Quake handed Thorn a box of tissues, making sure their fingers didn't touch even the slightest. When that was done Cyclone sprayed alcohol on his outstretched palms.

"Oh I'm sorry guys," Thorn said, smiling apologetically.

Blaze made to touch his shoulder but seemed to remember their predicament, instead settling on smiling bracingly toward the younger one.

"Don't beat yourself up over it, Thorny. Protocols, ya see."

"Don't worry the time will come when this whole thing'll be over and we can touch each other all we want!" Cyclone said with a cheery smile.

Thunderstorm, Solar, Ice, and Quake stepped back, Blaze noticing this and following their lead.

"But for now, one meter apart," Thunderstorm said, sighing.

They all exchanged unsure smiles, Thorn giggling at how they suddenly looked so shy. It wasn't everyday they all tried to remember that touching wasn't allowed. Most of them were used to physical contact so it was kind of new to just settle on looks and smiles. But for now, that was all they could do until the pandemic died down.