Cahaya and Api (Pt. 2)

Part 2 ya'll! Also, I dived into Api's characterization and tried 1st person POV. Tell me if it's accurate or nah.

So apparently I'm paired with Mister I-Know-Everything on what's supposed to be a... what? Air what was that called? Oh, a stealth mission. Ha funny.

Y'know what's funny? What's funny is that I'm not exactly the quiet type of person and everyone who knows me can attest to that and probably list off all the stupid stunts I did like cartwheeling on the roof, putting soda pop in Captain Kaizo's drink, stealing Petir's underwear, and everything else. Yeah it's crazy, it's wild, and there's no planning 'cause that's how I roll. I ain't quiet; I'm LOUD. So frankly I don't agree with the decision that I'm to be part of this health mission. Eh, what was it called again? Stealth? Whatever I don't care, Air. So yeah I don't agree but Petir gave me such a murderous look that I shut up and just sucked it up.

Cahaya's a ball of suppressed and nervous energy and I'm pretty sure coffee runs in his system, not blood. Yeah he's smart but he sometimes thinks he's entitled and crap and these times just make me wanna smack him so hard to the next galaxy I don't see his face again. Aside from the fact it's impossible, I'll also get a helluva of backlash so I'm holdin' myself back from doin' that all for the sake of my li'l bro Daun. See how I'm such a big good brother? Honestly I should be his favorite, not that lighthead.

But anyway, I digress.

Right now it's around 12pm and me and the scientist just left home after having an early lunch just so we could get a head start.

"Remind me again what's supposed to happen?"

"I engage in friendly conversation with the girl and you try and sneak in her house and find the journal without being seen, caught, or heard. Understand me?" At this he looks at me sternly.

"Yeah yeah," I wave off.

We're hiding behind some bushes facing the house. A few lights are on and I can see a married couple by what seems to be the living room. The curtains upstairs are drawn so that ain't helpful. I take a few more seconds looking at the house, trying to see if there are any ladders attached to the side or if there are easier ways to break in with minimal noise and effort.

"All right I'll try and see if there's like a back door or something and you go sweet-talk the girl for however long to stall her, a'ight? Pretty sure the journal's in her room and I'm guessing it's on the second floor."

Cahaya nodded.

"Okay." I'm about to head off when he roughly grabs my shirt and hisses, "I'm warning you Api if you fail and we don't get that journal back—"

"Yeah I get it now get your claws off me sheesh." I shake off his hand and shoot him a disdainful look before running, ducking down to avoid being seen and rounding the house to be by the back. Oh so there's a well-maintained yard. Ooh there's a back door but when I checked it's locked so that's not awesome. I look at the painted walls and find what I'm looking for: pipes for the drainage system. Like I expected, it's thin so it isn't ideal for climbing. Luckily there's windows for each floor and the second floor isn't so far so I'm sure I'll be able to manage.

Before I do anything there's a growl and I slowly accept death by a dog's ambush attack. Gah... I didn't notice the dog in the first place.

It's a black bulldog! It's slobbering all over and worst of all, it does not look happy to see me. Ha... I can't relate to that dog. I'd be happy to see myself.

But still...

"Nice doggo," I tried.

Then it started running towards me! That crazy animal didn't even have a leash on so all I can do is run as it barked at me and tried to make me leave.