Cyclone

Cyclone stared blankly at the bar of soap on the bathroom floor, mind running a blank and steam billowing around him. He paid no mind to the shower that was spraying water across his body and kept his gaze at the green cleansing product, brows furrowing slightly.

A sudden thought had hit him and he was unable to bend down and pick it up to resume his bath.

He blinked twice before asking aloud, "This way, is the floor clean or is the soap dirty?"

A flurry of knocks snapped him out of his reverie, Cyclone turning toward the door and quickly bathing himself.

"What's taking so long, sausage breath?"

A prickle of annoyance made its way in Cyclone as he shouted back, "Quit that, Thundy! Was it my fault the sausages were that good?! And I'm almost done, don't worry!"

"If I'm late to the meeting I'm blaming you!"

Cyclone clicked his tongue before turning off the shower and grabbing his towel. He didn't get far from toweling himself dry when yet another thought hit him.

If we're clean after a shower, then how come the towel gets dirty?

College had a different effect on Cyclone. Things didn't seem that simple anymore and he often found himself asking questions that seemed a little harder to answer and were thought-provoking. His brothers knew of this habit of his and would often groan in exasperation or try their best to answer.

Thorn had dubbed this as 'Shower Thoughts' since he would come up with these questions frequently in the shower.

Cyclone had thrown a mini-tantrum about how it wasn't his fault he had all these weird thoughts but everyone just laughed at him. He stomped off the room in a huff but was quick to return after Blaze coaxed him with a burger. After all, he never had a big temper and food was life so it was a win-win.

~

In class while scribbling on his notebook as the professor droned on, he caught a glimpse of his seatmate trying to glue some pieces of paper together. He thought nothing of it but as he stared at the way glue was squirted out of the bottle and drizzled onto the paper, yet another striking question hit him.

And so he couldn't resist leaning over his seatmate and whispering conspiratorially, "Hey. Have you ever wondered why glue doesn't stick inside the bottle?"

The boy stopped working and pouted in confusion Cyclone could almost see the gears turning in his head. Yeah, he tended to have that kind of effect on others. When he would ask them, they'd stop whatever they were doing and have this thoughtful expression, eyes having this glazed kind of look.

~

Today was a free day for him, Cyclone lounging about in the dorm and balancing a pen on his lip by pouting. He tried to see it, making his eyes cross slightly.

"Hey Fang?"

Fang was stomach down on the floor with multiple books, notebooks, and pens scattered all around him. He paused once his name was called and lifted his head from his notebook.

"Yeah?"

Cyclone's gaze moved to the wall clock hanging peacefully by its hinges.

"It's interesting to note that in dreams, clocks don't appear." He sat up suddenly then, the pen on his lip falling to the floor. "Which reminds me, who knew the time when the first clock was made?"

"I don't know and I don't care."

Cyclone huffed and threw the pen he was balancing toward the raven-haired boy, who did nothing but flinch slightly and tear his gaze away from his work to shoot his friend a flat look.

"Really?"

"You were ignoring me!" Cyclone said. "Sheesh if all you wanted was to study why bother to come here? The others are gone right now and you're lucky I had nothing else to do."

"I hate to admit it but your dorm's quieter than the one I share with the others."

Cyclone snorted.

"It's only quiet 'cause there's no chaos. Trust me, on a normal day everyone's eardrums are ringing with constant noise. Ask Icy or Sol; they'll confirm."

"Hmm 'kay."

"And you know what, this is just something I thought of but drinking water with a minty mouth is the cold version of spicy. Don't you think?"

Fang stopped to stare at him for a few seconds before groaning aloud, letting go of his pen in order to thump his fist on the ground. Cyclone could only snicker, amused at his friend's reaction.

~

"Who put the alphabet in order?" Cyclone asked aloud during one peaceful lunch, his brothers having varied reactions. Some stopped at their meals, others exhaled, while two of them rolled their eyes and slapped their foreheads.

"Really? You have to do this now?" Solar said, fixing his visors. "I was in the midst of thinking about my schedule for the week and you had to spring up that ridiculous question."

"Ay don't go blaming me; I just thought of it."

"Yeah well we could care less," answered Thunderstorm promptly, shoving his spoon inside his mouth and chewing.

Ice elbowed him but Thunderstorm only scowled his way, continuing to eat. Blaze watched them with wide eyes, meeting Cyclone's eye and shrugging cluelessly.

Quake watched the two before sighing and smiling placatingly at Cyclone.

"What does history say about it, Cy?"

"Yeah and if you find the answer feel free to share," piped up Thorn.

Honestly, they were the only two who supported his weird thoughts and Cyclone appreciated that.

Still, he can't deny that he does sometimes enjoy springing up the unexpected to the people around him, especially his brothers. He won't go telling that to them, though. Thunderstorm will surely throttle his neck.