Tummy Rubs

I've noticed how much I write about Air even when I can write about any brother that can accompany their arc. Like the time with Cahaya about feminism orr Petir about that umbrella scene.

I think I write about him because I wanna showcase that Air's not just this lazy raindrop or whatever. In fiction works he's always portrayed as sleepy or tired and I have NOTHING against that although there can be some work done since I think his personality is much more than what we give him credit for.

So yess I'll try my best to shed some positive light on him and I hope u guys anticipate that ;)

==

Angin started the day horribly.

It was all wrong and he was aching all over, especially his abdomen.

He was shaken awake by Petir, a tinge of concern in those brown orbs.

Angin was lying sideways on his bed and had his arms wrapped around his stomach area, feeling sweat run down his temple and bleed onto the pillow.

The sunlight bathing their room seemed too much at the moment, Angin screwing his eyes shut.

Petir leaned closer to inspect him before saying in a soft voice, "You okay, bud?"

Angin opened his eyes and considered lying for a moment but the look in Petir's face prevented him from doing so, deciding to feebly shake his head and purse his lips shut.

He had no idea why his stomach suddenly hurt so bad like this but Angin knew that it was just painful and almost unbearable.

A hand then pressed itself to Angin's forehead to check for a fever, Angin releasing a happy sigh at the warmth before the hand was retracted which left the wind elemental whimpering.

"What's wrong with Angin?" said a third voice, most likely Tanah's from the twinge of worry in the tone.

"His stomach seems to be hurting," answered Petir's voice, another hand coming to rest on his forehead then his neck.

"Angin?"

The voice seemed closer now, Angin opening his eyes again (when did they close?) and seeing Tanah with concern in his eyes.

"Yeah?" he said, clutching his stomach area and letting out a breathy moan of pain which just made the other two worry even more.

"What made your stomach hurt?" Tanah asked, hoisting himself up on the bunk bed with his arms and sitting down on the edge of the mattress, legs dangling off the bed.

Angin only had a limited view but felt his bed dip at the added weight. Tanah's hand rested on his forehead once more then there was a hum. For some reason Tanah was always warm and had this calm aura that made you relax and instantly think he was an ally. That was why Angin subconsciously scooted forward, if only to be closer to this brother that exuded nothing but comfort and home.

"I dunno," Angin managed to say, curling into a tighter ball and yelping before loosening his position, a hand resting upon his shoulder to roll him to his back, arms gently being moved to rest on his sides.

Angin tried to breathe normally through his nose, succeeding in only half a breath before he was coughing violently, feeling bile rise to his throat and trying to push it down with all his might. He sat up so suddenly and covered his mouth with both hands, a look of alarm passing Tanah's face before his own hands came to hold Angin's own. In his peripheral vision, Angin saw Petir racing out of the room with his lightning speed.

Soothing hand motions on his back seemed to calm him down, Angin lowering his hands and the uncomfortable desire to throw up subsiding. Feeling drained and woozy, Angin rested heavily against the earth elemental's shoulder, the sensations in his stomach still churning but a little bit bearable now.