Braid Day

Hi !! Soo... the last update was May 8, 2022. It's now July 24, 2022 and I'm bacc !! I'm still alive, I assure you. Sorry to those who got worried and thank you to those who reached out to ask if I was okay. I am okay... I just kinda forgot about this and lost inspiration so didn't know what to write about. Here's something short because I wanna try not going 1k words and do tell me what you think ;)

Boboiboy Thorn is a lot of things. He's a nature lover, a plant manipulator, a bubbly child, and a great grandson.

He's proud of his braiding skills, too!

"Now when we get out there, the world will pause!" He giggles to himself, imagining Ying passing by and everyone pausing to stare at her (and his handiwork, by extension).

Ying giggles and Thorn smiles wider. "I have no doubt."

He hums a tune stuck in his head from one of the times Tok listened to the radio. After a while, he finishes off the braid with a hair tie he bought months ago. He nods once, proud of his work.

Ying's hands come up to gently feel for the hairstyle. Thorn lends her a hand mirror for her to be able to see the back of her head. He doesn't miss the excited twinkle in her eye.

"You like it?" he asks, giddy.

"Thorn... this is amazing!" Ying turns to him and holds one of his hands, giving it a squeeze. "You've got skilled hands! Oh, and what are these flowers, if I may ask?"

Yes, while braiding her hair, Thorn had taken it upon himself to weave in flowers to further accentuate her hair and features.

"Daisies here represent innocence." Thorn gently cups one carnation by the middle of the braid and smiles. "Carnations are for pride and beauty." When he meets Ying's eye, he smiles brighter. "I personally think they enhance your beauty and are sure to make your features more distinguished!"

Ying smiles. "Aww Thorn, that's so sweet." She touches her hair again, all interlaced into the classic three-strand braid that ended just by her shoulder. "It's beautiful. Thank you."

"Don't mention it, really. I should also thank you for letting me be able to practice." He means it. He obviously can't practice on men because well, their hair isn't long enough to be fiddled with. He also respected Yaya too much and didn't want to violate her by asking to see her hair when she clearly keeps her hair in her hijab for a purpose. So really, Ying was the only available option.

Ying nods. Then smiles in excitement. "We should do this again some time, don't you think?"

Ooh... now that's something to look forward to. He says so and they make it a routine to meet each other every Friday for what is now called Braid Day.