Petir and Api (Pt. 2)

His trained hearing picked up on the sound of grunts, something hitting metal, and little scuffles. Petir decided to go there, quick feet taking him to the source of the noise.

Petir's hands curled into fists, readying himself to scold Api for his destruction. He had prepared a mini-speech in his head, something he had never done before as Tanah was the one who usually gave two-hour lectures to the troublemaker trio should they go too far with their antics.

When he rounded the corner, all voice and fight left him at the scene.

Api was sprawled on the ground, blood by his temple and the corner of his lip. He was laying on his side, glaring hatefully at five young men, all of them wearing leather jackets with rings and tattoos to look tough.

They had their backs to him as they focused on the fallen hero, who only stayed silent and was breathing heavily. With the five of them crowding around him, Api scooted toward the brick wall, one hand protectively around his stomach.

Something snapped in Petir when he saw one of them spit toward his brother.

"HEY!" Petir barked out, all of them turning in alarm and anger. He stepped forward and raised a menacing hand to point at them. "What do you think you're doing to my brother, huh sickos? You wanna meet your maker today?"

The middle man who seemed like the leader scoffed.

"This your brother? Well I'll have you know he was being too much in the arcade, stubborn as a mule and loud like an ambulance." He stepped forward to be face-to-face with the lightning elemental, breathing in his face. Petir cringed; his breath stank of cigarettes and alcohol. "What kind of house do you live in, having a kid with no manners?"

Petir rose a brow.

"I don't have to explain myself to stupid damn elbows like you." He tilted his chin toward Api, whose body now relaxed knowing he wasn't threatened any longer. "That stubborn kid is my idiot, and anyone who messes with what's mine's gonna get what's coming."

He gave them all a dark glare, swiftly delivering an uppercut to the leader who didn't see it coming.

As he reached the ground groaning, the four cronies gasped and dashed toward Petir to avenge their leader.

Petir smirked. He could handle all these gorillas even without his powers.

He dodged a weak punch from one and slammed his elbow toward his stomach, kicking him far as he punched another incoming amateur.

He grabbed the third one by a headlock, spinning him around and around till he got dizzy. When Petir let go of him, he placed a trash can over his head, hitting the bin with a stick he found and kicking it for good measure.

He turned to see the last one advancing toward Api, fear in his brown eyes as he struggled to move even with the wall behind him.

A growl ripped itself through Petir's throat as he ran toward them, grabbing the man and throwing him in the nearest garbage bin with a loud yell.

With all of them out of the way, he dusted his hands and ran towards Api, the expression in his eyes softening as he saw how Api was badly hurt.

A hand reached out to grasp his shoulder but Petir thought better against it, focusing on the pain that flitted across Api's face every once in a while.

"You okay?"

"Yup," Api said, trying to sit up properly. He groaned then, his body tipping forward.

Petir reacted quickly by moving closer and a little higher, pillowing Api's head with his chest and a hand resting atop Api's shoulder.

"This doesn't look fine to me," he grumbled, Api chuckling. "What happened to you anyway? You're not one to lose sorely. These phonies were no match for you. So why?"

Api stayed silent, one of his hands coming up to grasp Petir's bicep. Petir's eyes snapped to their physical contact, worried even more since Api wasn't one to initiate such things. Something bad must have happened for him to reach out first.

"They knew me," Api said quietly. "They threatened to burn the house with all of you inside and me the only one surviving." The grip on his bicep tightened. "They'd frame me, and I'll be the one labeled as a bad guy. Trust me, living as a fugitive isn't my concern."

Petir only breathed shallowly, clutching Api's shoulder tightly.

"So what were you worried about?"

It took another few seconds for Api to answer quietly, "Losing you guys."

A lump formed in Petir's throat at the unexpected answer, mixed feelings brimming at the surface that he couldn't help himself anymore. He pulled Api in, his other hand snaking around Api's torso to pull him closer, the hand on his shoulder encircling around his neck.

Never mind looking like such a big crying mess. Comforting Api and assuring him was more important.

"Bumbling idiot with all your misplaced priorities," Petir said with hardness, although they both knew he said it with no venom. Api only smiled, both of his arms reaching up to wrap themselves around Petir's waist in a loose embrace.

"But I'm your idiot, as you said," Api said cheekily, gaining more of his confidence and feeling safe as they stayed like that.

Petir smirked audibly, giving Api a light smack to the head.

"Darn right I said that." He pulled away, making sure to stay at arm's length so Api would be reassured. "You good to walk or should I carry you?"

Api shook his head, holding onto Petir as the lightning elemental stood slowly, grip on Api firm and unrelenting.

"I can walk," Api said. "They just hit my stomach too hard."

Petir clicked his tongue as he led Api's arm to wrap around his shoulders.

"I should've given them hell had I known that," he said, his arm going around Api's waist to support him. "We have a mutual understanding this stays between us, right?"

"Oh definitely," Api agreed wholeheartedly. "Thanks for avenging me, Petir."

"Sure. What are brothers for?" Petir returned with a slight smile, pulling Api closer as they walked home.

"Wait," Api uttered, Petir turning to him in question. "What about the shopping?"

"That's what you're worried about?" Petir asked skeptically, eyebrow raised. "Don't worry, Ochobot took care of that. Right now, you and your aching body are my priority."

Api smiled, turning away to somehow hide the expression on his face. It was rare for them to be on good and mutual terms, most of the time clashing because of their short tempers and almost similar personalities.

He was slightly glad he got beat up, if only to witness Petir being gentle over him and mumbling about how he should've electrocuted the men had he known about the pain they inflicted on Api.

Petir was a softie at heart, it seemed. Api vowed to protect that little secret along with this whole thing.

After this will be a bunch of Fayi and Boya soo if you're not into ships you're welcome to leave ;)