Kisses (Pt. 2)

The gang was having a battle with an alien smuggler on an open area and Yaya saw how an incoming projectile was making its way toward Boboiboy Ice. Acting on impulse, Yaya made a barrier with him inside and floated him away from the ground, the young elemental yelping in surprise but then relaxing once he recognized Yaya's pink. Almost immediately, his eyes found her also in the sky and she smiled.

"Yaya," he breathed, his iced right hand coming up to the bubble. Yaya reached out her left hand and aligned it with his. "You can't keep getting me out of battle, y'know."

She sighed, knowing that all too well.

"Yes I know but I get worried."

"I worry about you too, Snowflake but I don't want to restrict you."

Before they could continue the conversation, there was a large fireball thrown their way and Yaya released the barrier for Boboiboy to counter with an ice attack before creating an ice slide and holding Yaya by the waist, both of them sliding down with Yaya holding tight to Boboiboy.

As soon as they were on the ground Boboiboy yanked her toward a large boulder nearby, both of them hiding in the meanwhile.

"This is so I won't slip out of your mind easily."

Before Yaya could ask what he meant, there was cold and frosty pressure on her lips, Yaya's body freezing up in reaction to the opposite temperature being placed on her. She relaxed and returned the kiss, Ice's lips smooth as glass and the kiss itself bone-chilling.

Then he and his lips were gone, Yaya again left in a daze similar to what happened with Boboiboy Quake. Seriously, why couldn't he give her a break?

As she left her hiding spot to continue battling, Boboiboy Ice shot her an easy wink that would have made Yaya collapse had she not been in the air.

~

While they babysat a few kids in their neighborhood, Boboiboy had transformed into Cyclone. He was entertaining them by doing tricks with his hoverboard and teaching a few eager ones how to ride it. Yaya was with Pipi Zola, both of them seated by a bench and watching the boys play.

"Is Big Brother Boboiboy your boyfriend?" Pipi then asked, looking at her after licking her ice cream cone.

Yaya blinked but then smiled as she nodded. She gave Boboiboy a fond glance before turning to Pipi once more.

"Yes he is." Suddenly compelled to ask more she continued, "How did you find out?"

Little Pipi merely shrugged and gave her a mischievous smile. "Big Sister Yaya is always distracted when he's around."

Yaya giggled nervously and felt her cheeks heat up with a blush.

"My, you're an observant child, Pipi."

She pointed to her temple. "I got that from Mama."

Boboiboy Cyclone then ran up to them and greeted jovially, "Hey guys! Look, Big Brother Gopal is here to entertain you. Pipi," he crouched to her height, wide grin on his face, "let me borrow your Big Sis Yaya, 'kay?"

Pipi's eyes narrowed. "Why?"

"I need to tell her something important."

Pipi didn't see any reason to refuse so she hopped off her seat and ran to where Gopal was being teased relentlessly by the kids, two of them on his shoulders and one hanging on to his leg. Before Yaya could come and help him, Boboiboy turned her by the shoulder and draped his arm on her, checking that there were no people around.

"Can I kiss you?"

Yaya paused in walking, turning to Boboiboy Cyclone.

"Right now?"

"Yes."

Swallowing nervously, Yaya led Boboiboy behind a tree close to somewhere secluded. He glanced around and she did too before shyly cupping his cheek, stroking the skin there. They exchanged soft smiles before Yaya tiptoed up and he leaned down, the kiss brisk and wild like how wind was. There were no inhibitions even when there was the risk of being spotted but as Boboiboy angled his head to deepen the kiss, Yaya couldn't bring herself to care.

~

She and Boboiboy (who was transformed into Thorn at the moment) were having a date by the beach, both of them seated by a mat watching the waves and listening to them crash through the sand.

Boboiboy hummed and Yaya couldn't help but admire the soft curve his nose or the way his huge pupils sparkled as they took in their surroundings. Then those gorgeous eyes turned to her and Yaya blushed slightly. His eyes were a verdant green, instantly reminding her of nature. He smiled, showing his teeth and his lips stretching. He was cute, no doubt.

"You were staring at me," Boboiboy declared in a matter-of-fact tone, Yaya not having the heart to deny so she nodded. "You're beautiful yourself, Yaya. Have you seen yourself in the mirror?"

She giggled. "Oh stop flattering me."

"No way. You deserve the praise." He laid a hand atop hers and stroked the skin. "Don't ever doubt yourself."

He said it so eagerly that a rush of affection washed through her being, Yaya smiling softly and leaning in, fear spiking through her that he might refuse.

Boboiboy eased her by hooking a thumb underneath her chin, pulling her to him and sealing their lips together in one swift movement. In that second, Yaya felt safe and loved. He smelled of something sweet, like flowers in full bloom.

In the back of her mind, she could imagine lush forests and breathtaking sights and she thought of Boboiboy Thorn.

~

Boboiboy and Yaya were given a pair mission and they finished at the dead of night, trudging through their hometown tired, sweaty, and longing for sleep after being worn through a battle that lasted almost three hours.

Boboiboy Solar in front of her groaned, shaking his left arm to return feeling to it. A surge of sympathy coursed through Yaya at seeing Boboiboy all beaten up.

"Sorry that you got hit," she said quietly.

He paused to turn back towards her, the annoyance and hard lines fading from his face as he angled his body towards her, taking forward steps until he was in front of her and taking hold of her hands.

"Oh, light of my life, don't say that." His voice was soft and a hand came up to caress her cheek, Yaya able to feel the skin of his ring finger and pinkie because they weren't covered by the gloves. "I'll always look out for you whether you like it or not. That's what friends who grow to be lovers do to each other." A corner of his lips quirked up. "So don't beat yourself up because I will gladly get hurt for you."

Frowning, Yaya reached up a hand to hold his that was on her cheek.

"I wish you wouldn't."

"Oh but I would," he returned, and she knew he was serious. If the glint in his eye wasn't enough proof, then it was the way he was holding her so tenderly. The pressure wasn't painful but it was grounding and Yaya appreciated that. "And I know you'd do the same for me."

He was right. There was no use denying.

"Come here, you big goof."

Yaya tilted her head upwards and Boboiboy seemed to get the hint as he turned towards her, their lips meeting in a scorching kiss. She barely noticed the dawn that was breaking, immersed in the way Boboiboy closed the meager distance between them to cradle her head and kiss her properly.

He was hot not warm; there was a difference. It must be because of his form right now or his element but Yaya couldn't bring herself to pull away from his heat.

And when they parted and the morning light hit him just right, Yaya thought he was radiant like the sun, his eyes impossibly soft and his smile just a little crooked.