Trust (Pt. 2)

Tanah glanced at the two guards, Gopal and Yaya beside him and waiting with bated breath.

The three of them were hiding by a large stack of crates, trying to listen in conversations that would hopefully give them information on where his brothers were being held prisoner.

Gopal whimpered in fear and accidentally knocked over a crate, the object falling to the ground and giving away their location.

The three of them froze almost immediately, hearing the two guards stop their discussion and turn toward their direction.

"Huhu I'm so sorry Tanah," Gopal said, eyes showing his sincerity as he stared at his best friend.

Tanah nodded and only stayed silent, fists clenching in preparation for summoning an Earth Wall.

"I don't think it's a good idea, Tanah," came Fang's voice from the earpiece attached to his right ear. "You guys are surrounded. There are other guards in nearby rooms and if you attack now, you'll be outnumbered easily."

Ying's voice then followed, "As much as I don't like to admit it, the Spiky Hair is right. I won't be able to get to you in time since this ship is larger than average."

Tanah exhaled through his nose and quickly made a decision.

"Then I have no choice but to reveal myself." He turned to his two friends. "Yaya, Gopal, regroup with Ying and Fang and try to find coordinates that will lead you to my brothers."

Yaya quickly reached over and placed a tiny tracking device on the inside of Tanah's jacket.

"There's a high possibility you'll be taken in the same location as your brothers. With this, we'll be able to find all of you after a while."

Tanah gaped before quickly regaining composure, nodding and stepping out of his hiding spot so only he was seen and not his friends.

The two aliens aimed their guns at him, Tanah raising his arms in surrender.

"Ahh there's a brat there!" said one, his companion laughing.

"If you want to catch me, I'm not going to give myself that easily. Why don't you show me what you've got? Come and get me!"

With that, he ran away as far as possible from his friends, summoning Earth Pillars to slow them down but making sure their attention was only on him.

Within seconds, he was backed into a corner glaring heatedly at the two guards who cackled and made fun of him, each of them grabbing his arm and taking him away.

He shirked away from their touch, growling when the aliens paid no mind and only held his arm harder, Tanah wincing in pain at the rough treatment.

They led him down a dark hallway, bringing him to a cell where he would be held captive before the captain of the ship gave another order.

He wasn't worried about himself, in all honesty.

His heart was still uneasy not knowing what happened to his brothers or where they were. He gulped at the thought of them in danger or worse, tortured to near insanity. Tanah would lose himself if ever he saw them in such a state.

The plan to infiltrate the ship was successful. The mission to rescue his brothers was not. Tanah had to give himself away so his friends would be able to find his brothers and maybe himself. Hopefully no one died and they would all be back home safe and sound. That was what he wanted anyway—his brothers out of harm's way.

Soon they reached a metal door with a sliding window at the end of the hallway, one guard letting go of his bicep to unlock the wide lock.

He was thrown unceremoniously inside, Tanah releasing a yelp as he hit the rough floor with a groan.